• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sad News Re Member Froggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KP the nut

MyPTSD Pro
I'm sure many of the long term members and staff remember Froggie. I was told today on Facebook that she passed away yesterday. Her daughter wrote a short post and I knew you would like to know.

Froggie was one of the first members I met here. She became a good friend and although we are on different continents, we would meet each day and have our coffee together.

There is a new angel to watch over us. I have a candle lit in her memory.

She is at peace now.

Oh my, so sad to hear. I regularly lit candles for Froggie. The "last" one 3 days ago, but that candle didn't burn well; It's flame was so very small, sometimes, the candlewick was only glowing, instead of producing a real flame. I even tried another one with the same results. It was not a new phenomenon to me, as this happened before, with someone else who was dying.

Dearest Froggie,

My heart is full of gratitude, that you allowed me to get to know you. Even though it only were for two years. I truly loved our chats and was looking forward to them. Your plain but gentle honesty deeply impressed me, and the wisdom of your words taught me many things. Your personality was so special and true. Your humorous remarks often left me not just laughing once, but smiling for days. - And right now, while writing these words, both our dogs came near to lie beside my laptop. Oh, and they send hearty greetings, especially the little one, which you called the "farty one".

I felt very sad for you, when you wrote me, that your eyesight had gotten so bad, that you almost couldn't read anymore. I so truly wished, that they would still perform that necessary eye surgery on you. But unfortunately, I couldn't find out anymore if they granted you that relief or not...

And now, I'm sending my friendship, love and tears your way. Yes, some tears of sadness, and others of gratefulness and relief, that you no longer have to suffer. And are finally free now. You will be truly missed, but also lovingly and gratefully remembered! Bon voyage, chère amie, bon voyage!

I never connected personally with Froggie, but I loved to see her posts and hear her insights. She will be missed and my sincere condolences to all who knew her well.

I'm so glad that @KP the nut was able to inform us and that we have this space to honor her memory.
Lighting a candle also. May she be at peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back