1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Same Old Thing - Hubby Going Backward Again

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hubby seems to be going backward again I know when I am at work he stays in bed till lunchtime I just rang him then to remind him of a docs appointment and he was still in bed 1pm?
    He is good for a few days then goes downhill we are having a bit of stressful time with our business with customers not paying bills but it will improve I know that but he is all doom and gloom.
    Ho Hum here we go again I could say its like a Merry Go Round but there is nothing Merry about it!:wall:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Bradinn

Bradinn New Member

I can completely understand your predicament Jen, I have gone through the same thing with my wife. We have found that much of it in her case was due largely to the medications she was on. They let her sleep, but the medication hangover in the morning kept her either in bed, or in a near comatose state on the couch late into the day. She is able to get going for a few days when she really needs to, and then back into the same pattern. As she decreased her meds it got better, but I think that now she is increasing one it will likely go back to sleeping in....I'll be on the merry go round as well.

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Brad welcome to the forum you will find a lot of useful info on here!
    Yep I know medication has a lot to do with the tiredness but he is not a nice person without the meds? Its hard for me to see him so dependent on his tablets. I struggle to take a headache tablet unless I really need to! But I dont have PTSD hey?
    Jen

5. Bradinn

Bradinn New Member

I can understand your point of view there. I tend not to take much myself. Interestingly, I have never once seen my wife without her medications. he was taking them before we met, and has never been off of them. There have been a quite a few med changes which have made for some interesting days, but off....never. From what I understand though, it likely would not be a good experience for either of us.

6. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen
    Send him down here for a couple of days & I'll get him to look after our 4yo. They don't let you have a minutes rest!:wink:

7. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I am wondering Jen if perhaps he doesn't need a medication adjustment? Sleeping until 1 pm sounds as though he may not be sleeping properly through the night (due to nightmares, insomnia, etc) and thus has a sleep deficit. Alternately, you mentioned extra stress. That could definitely be affecting him, to the point where he wants to hide in bed and/or is exhausted due to stress. Has he had any therapy to learn techniques to deal with his stressors?

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Yep Kathy he has done clinics he sees docs he doesnt seem to follow through with any sort of things that are suggested to him. He has been shown breathing exercises relaxation etc does nothing to help himself.
    Even with the diabeties he has stopped walking riding and is eating junk again.
    It seems to be his choice to want to stay unwell!!!
    A bit more effort would be nice on his part!!

9. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

That is indeed frustrating Jen. I really have no idea what to suggest as he is an adult and ultimately must make the decision to take care of himself. Do continue taking care of yourself!

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

yeh thanks Kathy I can only do so much for him!
    I am recovering quite well a few little things still taking time to heal but now I am back to work.
    Not playing golf till next year its to hot now anyway!

11. jods

jods Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that you are getting closer to the golf course! The time will fly & you will back out there before you know it!
    Doesn't stop you from walking around with the girls on the course for a bit of R&R.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

We went away for the weekend for our anniversary and he was fine but has gone downhill since yesterday. His IBS has been playing up he knows it can be aggravated by eating junk so why would he last night go and get a pizza and complain about being unwell all day then finish the pizza of tonight just to get that little bit sicker!
    Why would you want to do this to yourself!!!
    He is 50 year old will he ever learn:crazy::wall:
    Jen

13. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Delighted you managed to have a nice holiday however it is frustrating when he doesn't follow his diet isn't it? Does he seem more stressed than usual? Perhaps he is eating junk to compensate?