• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Santa's Twelve Day's Of Christmas Carols

• Thread starter Deleted member 20280
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20280

Dear Forum Members.

If this thread is likely to offend or trigger I apologise. This thread is meant in the Spirit of Christmas and if it does upset. Please ignore it. Thanks, Laurie

OK so I am now 2 days late......... WELL ........ you try employing 500,000 Elves with Elven_PTSD (YES I only employ fellow sufferers and they are still waiting to be paid.

This thread is for those of Us who wish to celebrate Christmas and will be updated each day by myself at 2100hrs UK GMT Standard Time.

Our First Christmas Carol this year of 2014 will be.

For those Wishing to partake....... Santa will be taking votes for the forthcoming Carols on this thread or in chat if I am around...... Consensus and majority wins :D

Please enjoy and remember to vote for tonight's Carol, to be posted at 2100 UK time.

Merry Christmas

Santa_Laurie (NOT Claus) LOL

There is a carol that starts out with "Rejoice, rejoice, Immanuel..." and I am afraid I do not know the title of it other than those first three words possibly containing the title.

Personally, I am not big on Santa Clause as being representative of Christmas, but rather, the BABY JESUS is, as He is the One who we really celebrate on that day, unless we are just into materialism. After all, it is His birthday, not Santa Claus's!

Not a carol, but a wonderful version of a favorite song. It is in the media section.

[DLMURL]https://www.myptsd.com/c/albums/a-christmas-version-of-leonard-cohen-39-s-hallelujah-that-will-give-you-chills-youtube.743/[/DLMURL]

*Santa_Laurie* pops a note into his pocket book..... remember to pick up as many of @rosiemac 's flashbacks, pop them into the Flux, Converter on the new Rocket Sledge and ...... Well..... The Venusian's will get them the power this Sled roars at :)

@anonymous The particular first track as above was suggested in chat as one to include in the chosen twelve, I obliged as requested by the member in question. Traditional Carols will feature as they rightly should.............

Dear @SheilaKathy being a Devout Christian as I also am, I totally understand and appreciate that this is a day of Celebration for the Lord. This thread is not meant to upset or annoy anyone. I simply thread this particularly as a way of lifting spirits during the festive season, to bring just a little bit of Joy and Happiness to those on the forum who Celebrate Christmas in the traditional way as well as in a Christian Manner.

I have after all been somehow nicknamed Santa! for some reason and Am living up too that Persona.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

@Santa_Laurie Have you seen the picture or little sculpture of Santa with cap in hand, bending down on his knee in front of the manger? It reminds me that Santa must have started out as a very giving and loving person (St. Nicolas) and that his original intent was to help children and young women especially, if I recall my previous readings on the subject correctly. Since he was a Catholic saint, you can be sure that he must have been a very religious man too. No one is raised to sainthood in the Catholic Church who was not so, the most recent saint I recall being Mother Theresa. Now there was a very loving, caring, giving person indeed! Just some thoughts I wanted to share with you. So let's keep the Christ-mass in Christmas, please.

I love this idea! Woohoo Laurie!

I vote for Jingle Bells! It was my favorite as a kid (both the regular version and the alternate kid version, lol)

I'm cracking up that someone feels the need to be anonymous when criticizing a fun carol thread.

@Solara Jingle Bells was always my absolute fav' as a child.... so looks like, at the moment tonight's Carol will be Jingle Bells with 2 votes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back