• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

[Sat, 10 Mar, 2012] Let's Get Together (England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I have created a monster. Birmingham will not know what has hit it :roflmao:.

I agree KP. A group of wonderful excited, enthusiastic people venturing out of their safe environment to meet people they have never seen before. Let me know when a place has been chosen. I am staying at the Paragon Hotel, Alcester St which is just over a mile to New Street station. :) Could probably get a bus to meeting point.

Are we all meeting at the station? How will we know each other? KP, you will have to have a board like a tour guide saying something like' KP is ere' or something.

The cafe sounds great as I know some of us might have trouble with food and so can just have a drink. Retail therapy sounds like an ace idea and I'll have to put some money to one side.

Are we all meeting at the station? How will we know each other?.

It may be easier for some to go straight to the cafe. Those arriving by train will meet at the station. I thought the obvious place would be under the many arrival and departure screens. There is a bank of around 20 screens.

My photo (and yours and Amethists:sneaky:) are in the thread
[DLMURL]https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/threads/meetings-with-members-off-forum.21278/[/DLMURL]

As you know I'm unmissable, just look for the gorgeous :laugh: lady in the very pink fleece. I'm hard to
miss :roflmao:.

Retail therapy sounds like an ace idea and I'll have to put some money to one side.

I've just had a cheque today as an interim payment for special damages, so may treat myself to a new notebook. H may cramp my retail therapy.

I have just phoned Cafe Rouge and although they don't take daytime bookings, nice Craig has made an exception for me. I have booked a table for 14 people. They don't have a round table but we will all be together.

Oh this is a bit scary. I'm in a bit of pain today so I'm now off for a lie down to recover.

Hubby has agreed that leaving the car at Aston station, and travelling into New street by train is a good idea.

As we will be leaving home early morning we may well be there first.

Meeting under arrival screens will be a bit different from street corners for us KP. :roflmao:

Meeting under arrival screens will be a bit different from a street corners for us KP. :roflmao:
:roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao:

That's what I say to my H when he makes me wait outside the drive when he gets the car out! I always say I could earn a living standing there! Only joking. I can't wait to meet everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back