• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Say Something Positive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would just bust me up laughing. I don't think I have ever heard Anthony sing. I could hardly believe the smile. What a crack up!!

Just goes to show what I know.....I did hear Anthony singing today, 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' while doing a swimming lesson with our little one.

Pinkalicious sugar cookies are very yummy....

(My daughter loves the book Pinkalicious)

I'm new around here,but I love this thread and wanted to join in all the happy posts.
I love to feel my feet. This afternoon I was standing in the kitchen on what has been quite a bad day, I just concentrated on feeling the floor, solid under my soles. I stood up straight, relishing the breeze coming in through the open window, enjoying being alive and filled with senses. Knowing that despite any badness in the past, at that moment I felt good.

I've been feeling less self-conscious and more able to open up with others, a lot more often then in a long, long time. Feel better about humanity. Feel wiser and more willing to be vulnerable in a good sense. Experiencing surprisingly good feelings a lot more often then a month ago, and despite everything.

My Son's Report Card looks fabulous! ...And, my daughter is sweeter and more kind than I could ever hope to become. Always saying her prayers, reminds us to say our dinner prayers and brightens up every room she walks into.

My mother recently has been cleverly trying to manipulate me, guilt trip me, and control me.

She succeeded with me and got and invitation, from me, over today. Much sooner than I really feel good about. However, though she hadn't been invited to spend the night, she showed up with her overnight bags.

The positive: twice today I took amazing approaches to her and things. I was able to end the 'gloom & doom' conversation she started 5 min. into her visit here, the monologue that includes all the very sad, and depressing drama in the lives of family members who I love and yet I am completely powerless to help. And, they're not helping themselves. With some quick and intuitive thought I got us seated in front of a movie, that we were both interested in.

Also, very positive.....after supper tonight I quietly sat down at the kitchen table and spoke honestly and openly with her about tonight not being the night to sleep over, and rather than grin and bear it as I generally would do and feel powerless and helpless to help or protect myself for fear of crossing her, I just did it despite the fear.

Without going into detail there was even more said, positive, as I didn't regress into childlike fears, and the hopeful mood that I was in this morning, hasn't been claimed and squashed.

Awesome. She's out of this house tonight and we can feel relaxed and safe. ...:thumbs-up ...

Went the extra mile today and saved a jet black Welsch Corgy, found his mommy and daddy who happened to be very elderly and the joy on (Cocoa's) the dogs face and the love and joy in the mans eyes made my day. I love when life works and comes together. I am at peace for the moment.

It's the weekend, I made it through an emotionally rough week and I'm still in one piece and looking forward to resting, resting, resting. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back