• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLuna

New Here
So I met a guy that I really like but I can't trust or anything because of everything I went through, I've opened up to him a lot but I feel like all he wants is sex but I don't want love and happiness. I'm tired of the pain and what I've gone through and I've been having sever flashbacks and nightmares and my depression has dropped to point where I want to cut again and just never wake up. I don't know what to do I'm afraid its not right and all I've been seeing is my uncle and being hurt.

Someone help me please

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forums!

Sounds like like are really struggling with a lot of very active PTSD symptoms. It makes a lot of sense why you don't want sex and it's very ok and healthy to wait until you are ready. I'm so sorry you are in the pain you are in. If you have a therapist, it might be a good idea to give them a call and let them know how you are feeling.

Hi RedLuna,

I'm very sorry you're going through such a tough time. I hope you have a therapist that you trust. I agree with @Justmehere that it would be a good idea for you to call your therapist.
You are not alone. It's a good thing you're reaching out here, that's very strong of you.

As for the guy you like: you can try to explain to him what you're going through. You need to focus on you now, so you have to eliminate things that might cause you more worry. If the negative feelings he gives you outweigh the positive ones, you might want to distance yourself from him.

Do you have a safe support system (friends and family members who can support you)? It's okay to ask for their help. I'm sure they would be more than glad to be there for you.

@RedLuna - :hug:
My old support system walked out on me too. Over time, I built a new support system. (Eh, I'm never very good about relying on them even still...)

Don't lose hope! You have already taken a great step by reaching out here. Things will get better in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back