• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Secret Santa Gift Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashi

MyPTSD Pro
I have to do Secret Santa (Kris Kringle) at work and I'm really not the sort of person to be doing this, since I don't like Christmas, or gift buying. But I'm new at work and need to fit in so if anyone who's more into this stuff has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

I have to get a gift up to the value of about five GB pounds, which is about 6 Euros or about 8 US dollars.

The person who I have to buy for is in their 20s, extrovert and has a very basic sense of humour. He eats tons of chicken, peanuts and other protein, no carbs, and likes going to the gym. He doesn't seem interested in self care or personal grooming, his interest in the gym seems to be more an outlet for excessive energy. He's always trying to get change for the gym lockers. He talks all day long about trivia and seems to want lots of attention. His desk is a disgusting mess. He goes to see musical theatre (very mainstream) and I don't think he likes reading. That's pretty much all I know.

Any ideas?

I'm so not someone who should be doing Secret Santa. :banghead:

£5 in change for the gym lockers and a packet of peanuts?
:D

I am actually pretty good at getting presents and enjoy buying them for others. Its a shame I seem to have developed an allergic reaction to shops.... Thank goodness for the internet.

The person
He sounds...... interesting? *clears throat*

You can get little trivial pursuit type sets at TKMax. Maybe you can find a Phantom Of The Opera themed bar of soap. *clears throat again*

You could of course stick to one of those novelty joke gifts one sees a lot of and you could't go wrong with that from the sounds of things. They don't require a developed sense of humour. Again TKMax usually has a fair range. Or look at Boots!

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mf/77481...-uk&utm_content=836879992&productId=836879992

Last edited:
@jd.... the aim was to keep my job. :eek:

What are flavoured nuts? What sort of flavours? What on earth do they do to nuts????!

It's a relief to have some ideas - thank you! I had zilch.

Unfortunately we're Christmas-ornamented out in the office, because we have a pound shop next door - he's the main purchaser so he must like them, but I don't think there are any left to give him.

I just looked to see if I could get a novelty change holder to add some change to, but they're all for higher denomination coins.

Nuts is an idea, if I could get something that has some sort of jokey element and wouldn't just look like grocery shopping. (Waiting to hear about flavours, with some trepidation. :D)

Abstract, I'm impressed! I just don't understand how some people are good at presents. I'm so horrible at it I long ago banned gift giving between me and my friends because even when I put a lot of thought into it my gift would be met with a polite attempt to cover up bafflement/disappointment/disgust.

Your ideas are great, if I can face TKMaxx/Boots novelty aisles. I love the fridge magnet! I just need to consider whether I could live with it for the rest of my time there, since I think it would inevitably end up on the work fridge.

He sounds...... interesting? *clears throat*

I like the idea of getting him nuts. Sounds like they'd go with his personality./quote]

To me this person seems rather bland so a bland gift (to me) sounds like a good idea for him

He actually seems like a person with a good heart, it's just his head that I have trouble with. He'd probably say exactly the same about me. I'm trying to think if there's anything we have in common. Let me see... breathing (well, on days when I remember to breathe)... um... we both work for the same company.... um....

Nuts/novelty it is!

Thanks everyone

Rubber chicken

Wow. Clearly there's a whole world of novelty items out there I know nothing about!

At the risk of sounding like a high court judge who doesn't understand the world outside his club :oops: what's a rubber chicken for? I mean, what would someone do with a rubber chicken if you gave it to them? Maybe I should explain that I'm a vegetarian and the amount of real chicken I have to face in the office is making me worry about the addition of a rubber one. Even just thinking about wrapping it... yuk!

Would the rubber chicken come back to haunt me for the rest of the year? :arghh; Would I rue the day I slipped it into the Secret Santa box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back