1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Self Hyponosis - Ever Tried It?

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by Grama-Herc, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I was wondering if ano one out there has ever tryed this. When I was in the hospital one day during group therapy we were hypnotised by the therapist and it was the most amazing feeling. We were told to imagine a place that made us feel safe and relaxed and where we would really like to be at that very moment. When the session was done I felt like I had been in that place a few minutes only to find out the group had been under for almost 30 minutes. It is so easy to do and the most relaxing experience I've had throughout my ptsd travels. If Anthony approves I will tell how it is done cuz it is easy and non-threatening. But I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Nope herc, I haven't. I've tried but I can't do it.. I've even tried to be professionaly put under. I don't go. It's a safety thing with me. It's not safe to go under therefore it doesn't matter what I do or anyone else does.. I just don't go under. My brain protects itself.. whether I want to or not.

Anyways, did you find this helped with the anxiety? can you do it at will to calm down?

Interesting subject...

bec

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I have Herc! So interesting that others have tried it. I can only do it if I do it exactly as it was done orginally. Back in high school, I was hypnotized during an after prom event. It was simple. I told myself certain instructions..one of them being to clasp my hands together, weaving my fingers, locking them. Then after coming out of the "zone", I would consciously try to separate my hands and have found them stuck together. Not just stuck together but locked together. I've used this suggestive type hypnosis to convince myself that I'm tired to go to sleep, and I used a version of it during labor with the birth of my last child. Pretty amazing stuff.

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I have done this, though I can't swear I was under... I used it a lot when cutting my meds. I used free MP3 downloads I found that were very relaxing, some hypnosis. The way I have been slipping I need to start doing it again. I also used the meditation. Again things that maintained me I have been forced to let slip away. It took me a long time to learn to relax to do it but once I did it worked wonderfully for me. Finding time to do it with a toddler another issue.

I have had times that I would go so deep I could not hear the kids arguing and that in it's self was enough to startle me out of it so have more work to do.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Herc, I have no issue of you telling the process, as that is actually already public information and can be found, so shareing what works for you is fine. The only thing we don't normally allow is actual direct help, ie. you helping another put themselves under. What you do is private is one thing, what is here in public is another. Allowing any person to guide another under something would have legal implications for that member, likely myself also for allowing it. Information is one thing, letting people do things for themselves at their own risk is all good... guiding them and advising them with specifics, that is where legalities can come into things.

Ok though for you to tell people the process that works for you, as that is your experience.

7. Frecconia

Frecconia New Member

An military officer at my job once attempted to hypnotize me. I wouldn't allow myself to fully "go under" because I would get anxious the deeper more relaxed I got. It was interesting to see what could be done. I laid down and visualized a balloon tied to my hand by a string and slowly the balloon was moving up into the air. This was all in my mind but my hand kept moving and turnings upwards. It was unbelievable because my mind was not telling my hand to move but I was aware it was trying. Its a shame I wasn't comfortable enough to concentrate better. It would have been interesting to see if my hand would have gone farther.

8. rlm

rlm New Member

what site did you use to find free downloads? I am pretty disparate right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar