1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Semi New Lurker Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by susane99, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susane99

susane99 Member

Hi everyone. I joined this site a little while back and have been reading a lot. I posted (I think out of turn) in another area and then wished I could delete it. I wasn't ready to disclose that much about myself.

Anyway, if I am ever going to feel like a part of this world, I guess I need to make the first move at opening up and asking for a hand. I can't do it alone like I thought I could.

I have PTSD from childhood neglect and abuse, leaving me with major self esteem, confidence, and social issues. I had been doing great for the last few years but due to a lot of changes in the past year, including a new home and new job (especially the new job), the symptoms have become really bad.

I want to try to get this under control without going back to therapy. Perhaps that is not possible, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks for reading.

Susan

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Susan, welcome to the forum.

A question (or two.. hehe.) for you.

Did you take therapy before? Were your symptoms under control or were you just masking them and functioning? Have you healed your trauma?

bec

4. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

welcome

welcome, Susan! You have come to the right place. It might be difficult at first, but you have taken the first step by finding this website and read the posts and learned a few names. We are all here to heal ourselves. A little each day, you know.

5. vera

vera Active Member

hi susan! welcome. i'm new here too, and posting and then feeling embarrassed about it. it's ok.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hey Susan, welcome to the forum. I absolutely love it when people are straight up. Well done, and displays that you are really at that point where you want to help yourself, which means you are open to it now. Well done to you and I have no doubt this community can help you. If you need guidance, a kick in the arse, honesty, empathy, it is here in abundance. Welcome aboard.

7. susane99

susane99 Member

Thanks for the welcome!

Becvan, I started therapy only about 5 years ago and it really helped. I just couldn't afford it when my insurance changed so I stopped going. But I used what I had learned from my t, plus I avoided issues that I knew would trigger me. So I guess that answers your second question :) I am no longer in my safe little cocoon and I can't hide from it anymore (answers third question). I don't want to anyway. I know that the person I was meant to be is still here somewhere.

Hi 2quilt. A little each day. I think I can do that.

Vera, thanks for that boost. I needed it.

I feel safe here. Thank you!

8. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

That is music to my ears! Keep that attitude and apply yourself to healing and you will get better by leaps and bounds. Just remember it's a lot of hard work and we get sicker at first before we get better!

It's very nice to hear such strong conviction!

bec