• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Sensorimotor psychotherapist recommending i talk with other trauma survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherUser

Learning
Hi. This seems to be where new members say hello.

I've been seeing a therapist who uses Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for seven months now, after nearly dying of alcohol abuse in March. It's been an up and down year, and after seven months seeing her, I am committing to trying this form of therapy at last.

At this stage she has suggested it might be interesting to attend some of the in-person meets between trauma survivors. So I thought I would find out more about PTSD and trauma, since I've accepted, I think, that it may be what has made a bit of a mess of my life.

Welcome to the Forum and Community! You will discover quite a bit of information here. While I am sorry for what brings you here, I am glad that you did find this community.

Welcome! There is so much information here, and you have access to so many people for support, and to give support. We are all trying to heal, and make the best lives for ourselves, so I hope you explore and find good things.

Thank you, DharmaGirl. Just to say a little more about me - I am from London originally, though my flag shows as Romania here, since I've been in Bucharest for three months.

It has taken a very long time for my therapist to convince me that CPTSD (I think that is right - the non-military version of PTSD..?) is the correct diagnosis for my deepest problems - and it was just as hard for her to convince me to trust her as well.

So I am here, at least at the start, to learn more about it all. And I have read some posts already, and seen some people really fighting for improvement. It's encouraging.

Welcome to the group! I have found this site has helped me an incredible amount! I hope it helps you understand your life and situation better and helps you move towards better health! Feel free to search for certain terms like cPTSD in the forums to see loads of information and stories that help clarify certain topics. It is also great to post questions to others to hear how they deal with certain symptoms or stories about their experiences.
Welcome here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back