1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Sexual assault- not sure if i was raped

Discussion in 'Sexual Assault' started by jessica Fargo, Aug 12, 2017.

About two months ago I went to a party with a few friends. I was pretty intoxicated and was having a normal conversation with a guy there. Next thing you know we're the only ones in the kitchen and he asked me to kiss him. I said no. He then kissed me out of nowhere and we continue kissing, walking to a bedroom. I'm on the bed and he's on top of me but I clearly remember telling him "I don't want to have sex" he said okay that it was fine but still continued to kiss me. His hands are in my pants and I kept saying no and stop. Because I didn't want it to go any further. I don't remember how this happened; but all of a sudden my pants were halfway off and he's still on top of me. I continued saying I didn't want to have sex. He ignored me and I then felt him inside me. I told him "stop chill" and he went on saying that we were already there so why stop. I felt scared and pressured. I then told him I wouldn't have sex without a condom on. I got the condom from my purse, and gave it to him. He then pretended to put it on and again put it inside of me. I stopped him asking him if he had the condom on and he said he did. I checked and he didn't. I told him he was a liar and to get off of me and he said "I don't like condoms." I pushed him off and he grabbed my arm saying he wasn't finished. I still managed to get away from him and went to the restroom. I just am not sure if I was raped. I feel like I could have done more in that situation.

1. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  2. Muted

Muted Well-Known Member Premium Member

No means no, same with stop. Yes that was rape/sexual assault.

3. WishfulThinking123

WishfulThinking123 Well-Known Member

Yes that was rape and I feel like you did a lot in that situation! You should be proud of yourself because, even though intoxicated you continuously stated your boundaries and said no and eventually were able to get away! The times where I have been raped/sexually assaulted I said no maybe a couple of times but, after the guy continuously kept doing stuff I would eventually just stop saying no and I have been told this isn't rape because, I stopped saying no and "gave in" so to speak. I'm sorry you went through this and I hope you are starting to feel better.

Simply Simon likes this.
  4. EveHarrington

EveHarrington I'm a VIP Premium Member

Yes, this was rape. I'm SO sorry this happened to you.

5. The Albatross

The Albatross Product of decisions rather than circumstances Premium Member Sponsor $100+

6. minirini

minirini Member

Yes, you were raped and/or sexually assaulted. You told him no multiple times, yet he had unprotected sex with you without your permission and coerced you into having protected sex.

I'm really sorry that happened to you. Do you have someone you can talk to? You can chat with a counselor on the phone or online from RAINN.

Show Sidebar