• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News SGB PTSD Treatment Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
No AdamAnt, this is true. At least for some of us.
For example, I knew I could not trust myself to drink alone when self-destructive, not to cheat but because I would likely be REALLY self-destructive.

What I really think is that it 'takes 2', and if anyone gave-a-crap about someone else they wouldn't do what would harm their recovery/ life (eg someone trying to rebuild their marriage).

I've had at least 500+ guys try to sleep with me who were married etc, drunk or sober (them or me or both)- never changed what I decided (except for attempted-rapists/ weirdo's not listening- that didn't change it, either, they just didn't want to listen). I didn't necessarily feel worse about them, either, just thought they were mis-directed/ mixed up, etc. (-Not the perv's though, lol :eek:)

Blaming any drug for cheating is ridiculous. Even coke addicts make choices. It is all about choices, not the drug made me do it. Drugs, of any form, alter the chemicals in your brain (like ptsd) not physically make you do something. The person that starts using coke and steals vcr's, first made the choice to do coke, then made the choice to steal to support the habit. That person could have choose to get help, get a job, suffer withdrawl. Anyone who cheats, choose to cheat no matter the circumstances. Doesn't matter how you argue that, its the persons personal choice and responsibility.

bec

Anyone else read about the success the Walter Reed trials had on both recent and long term PTSD exposure and recovery using the SGB?

The longer I go (10 years), the more willing I am to give the SGB a chance.

If it were available near me, I think I would do it. I know I can't undo the trauma and have to learn to live with it, but I think I would give just about anything to be able to have some time without this crippling anxiety.

Anyone else read about the success the Walter Reed trials had on both recent and long term PTSD exposure and recovery using the SGB?
Yes, it is proving successful, however; there are things not told. It is still a mask, you still need to work on your trauma, it only lasts between a month and a few months, then you have to continue having the shots.

I think if you lived close to where they're doing it, I would give it a shot... but for those who think it will fix the residual symptoms of PTSD that are PTSD, it doesn't.

It would give you one hell of a holiday though from the main symptoms in order to work through your trauma.

I will be interested to see how much you can have it... long term effects of having it. These haven't yet been measured.

I think its a great forward momentum in treatment, but that is the optimal word there, treatment. Its not a long term cure or even long term effect, its duration is short and ominous at best, with short term relief, requiring constant injections depending on how long your body last uniquely. They have also not as yet found or studied longevity for side effects, whether the body will also build an immunity to the aesthetic, just like it does with medication over x years.

Like the study says... lots more theory and research through trials needs to be done yet, because right now, the studies have been extremely limited across the severity of PTSD spectrum.

[DLMURL]http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/187161.php[/DLMURL]

I would say... if you lived nearby one of the handful of places currently running this, and you have not healed your trauma, then you would be mad to not try it... especially those with CPTSD. That will be the interesting part... whether it works on them.

It is actually now believed that long term veterans have been misdiagnosed with PTSD, and instead should be diagnosed with CPTSD, because the sheer years in a combat zone is the same as years of abuse. That is what its like... 6 or 12 months at a time of constant trauma. Do that 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 times... PTSD is a misdiagnosis... but the problem is, CPTSD officially also doesn't exist right now, so they can't diagnose anyone with it really, especially military, as they are plugged directly into, it must be a legal diagnosis for insurance / medical purpose.

Interesting, however I haven't heard of excessive repetitive injections. In fact I've heard one injection required for a patient who went two years and going on the first injection. As well as one patient who required a second injection six months after the first and hasn't needed another since.

I've dealt with the cause of my PTSD (car accident) but still suffer the underlying physiological effects (i.e. the anxiety, depression, etc.). I'm hopeful SGB would fix that problem as so many have testified that it has.

I found a Doctor here in Jacksonville Fl , who said he would do the procedure , but did not think it would help me because I was not sweating profusely from my forehead and did not seem nerveous , well I had just taken 1mg of xanax and 50 mg of seroquel so I could make out of the house and to his office. Also I'm a smoker with a cough, you can not cough during the procedure, so they would have to put me out, which could cost up to 2000.00 . I would really like to have it done, but will have to wait on the money.

Interesting, however I haven't heard of excessive repetitive injections.
The more research I have done on it, whilst still promising, regardless how you look at it right now, is that injections have lasted between, no effect, 1 month and up-to 2 years, before the next injection. Journals seem to be providing more accurate information than that of websites sensationalizing it and leaving out the current set-backs.

Right now, it is a sensational treatment opportunity, IMHO, for anyone with PTSD, however; there is a lot of unknowns to this as well, especially long term effects, which nobody, not even Lipov himself from admission, can clearly state is safe long term, or for how long it can be administered, ie. how many injections, without permanent damage occurring.

Because of the nature on where the shot is, whilst this procedure has helped in other areas, the specifics in relation to literally numbing the c6 vertebra, which the consequences are simply unknown.

What is positive though, is that Lipov is starting to get some interest from backers, and the psychiatric community for further study, but they want to see studies, theory, results, consequences, etc.

I would agree that on one end there is skepticism, and the other a really positive outlook for PTSD. I can also see how the mental health industry, along with pharmacology, could get a little offended if suddenly you remove the need for a large chunk of SSRI's being sold, or psychotherapy under-taken. I see some truth in some aspects of the conspiracy theorists in that regard. A lot of powerful and influential people will suffer by losing out $$$. Saying that, anyone who jumps on that right winged agenda alone, without reviewing all the factual journal documents and self admissions by Lipov himself, are nut jobs, to put it bluntly.

Like Lipov himself admits, right now, there is a real positive hope that this one treatment could help a majority of people long-term.

Even if this is only a bandaid, which Lipov admits it is, but a damn good one that allows a person to near instantly move past a whole bunch of built-in fears produced by trauma. This could reshape the healing process of trauma in general if it has little to no major long term health issues. Do you imagine being isolated in your home for years due to fears, anxiety, etc, then suddenly they don't exist any more? That one feat surpasses all exposure therapy in one sitting... achieving what one could only ever hope to achieve through years of exposure therapy.

If the people work on the trauma during the first shot... hell, even after it wears off, the potential for relapse alone could be marginalized, with less relapsing into a traumatic self environment and PTSD diagnosis.

It is hard to understand now how ,why and for how long it will work.

I think that the injection is doing something more that just numbing the nerve because the numbing effect by itself from what I read is working only for couple of hours to couple of days, nothing near the two years mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back