• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Shadows In The Midst Of Flames

Heh thanks but "great communicator is debatable" (depending on who you want to listen to).... I actually have spent several decades in dealing with post traumatic growth, personal integrity/worth/character (good/bad/or ugly) and I aspire to have a peaceful and calm old age. I am and have been in elder care off and on since I was 14 and I'm 56 now... so I do a vocation but have learned a great many "secret" things.

Heh thanks but "great communicator is debatable" (depending on who you want to listen to).... I ac...
Well in this context I feel you are.. and to be fair we all stumble around sometimes. ;)

I'm very much new to the whole personal growth.. and therapy/internal work. 2 1/2 years of therapy so far. I'm 36. 33 years of being in a very oppressive familial cult. So learning that everything including success isn't going to kill me has been. (Cough) quite a challenge.

That is a great many years of gifts of wisdom gleaning my dear. :)

That is admirable work lady. <3

I was diagnosed late... even after my first couple to a few months here on the forum but I had no concept of before. I knew something was off/wrong but until I ran up on someone on another recovery forum who understood and began to ask more specific questions and share his own experiences... I didn't ever think that I might have PTSD with dissociative tendencies. I've been here around 6 years or so. But have been in recovery primarily for co-occurring behaviors (substance abuse - alcohol, and up to the diagnosis some weird unknown mental/emotional issue... with disassociation) - which I learned at about age 50 was PTSD... well then. You get the drift?

It is odd to always know something is wrong but not know what... til someone cares enough to see and question a bit and give feedback. I never had that before coming to recovery and then here.

Last edited:
I listen to a lot of instrumentals with a bit of new age aesthetics/meditative/acoustic sonority.. I particularly like Ludovico Einaudi, Paul cardell, Helen Jane Long.

Back