• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Shadows In The Midst Of Flames

I was diagnosed late... even after my first couple to a few months here on the forum but I had on...
I do... I'm glad I found out when I did. Although I wish I had known sooner. Growing up like I did I knew it wasn't "normal" but I also had no other reference. And trauma bonds to a parent are very hard to break free of. I always felt like something was wrong with me.. I had other traumas rape for one and losing a baby which coupled with my fathers beliefs only compounded them. Literally had to get to complete under rock bottom before I could propel upwards and out... but I'm here doing and your here doing it. So yay for us both! Yeah? :)

I trend toward epic music genres and also heavy percussion rhythms that sound like a heart beat... I have a really cool Native American one I've been enjoying here recently that inspires: Best Native American Songs-Wuauquikuna -BEAUTIFUL! (added in edit...at about 14:45 minutes, 05. Wayrapa Muspuynin... I find particularly ambient and meaningful) also number 6. Ananau.

However my all time favorite is Ardas a prayer without words this is only a 9 minute version but I have 40 minutes, original cassette tape: Singh Kaur Crimson Vol. 6, Ardas

Last edited:
Well @The Albatross my dear friend it is getting late and I have to get up early so going to hop off for the evening. I do hope your friend gets through surgery and recovers well. I hope your mind stays at peace and at ease. Thank you for your kindness, wisdom, sharing and conversation. I truly enjoyed and even if some things don't stick with me straight away the seeds get planted in the thinker to grow with a little watering and sunshine. Hugs lady! :hug:

I am going to Pow Wow on Thanksgiving (Atmore, Alabama) but we want to go to the Albuquerque Inter Tribal in NM in April (a wish depending on $$$). I am a bit Lakota Nation, Sihasapa/Sioux and also 7th generation granddaughter of Honest John Hart (22nd signer of the Declaration of Independence). All sides fraternal and maternal of my family have been here before the Revolutionary War.

Thanks so much for your graciousness Ironlady on your diary... I won't be mucking it up for a while, maybe ever... didn't really realize my feelings about what was going on with my friend (who's in her room and being monitored now so, safe). My "usual" support had a missing element this time so thanks k?

Thanks so much for your graciousness Ironlady on your diary... I won't be mucking it up for a whil...
Oh A. Please don't fret about that. I enjoyed chatting with you. Maybe next time we can take it to messenger that way you won't feel that you mucked something up. I truly didn't mind if I had I would have made the suggestion. I was glad I could be here for you.

Stub my toe and think I'm cursed
Fear the try I don't know which is worse
The Seeds you planted spun a web
But Fool I'm finding me instead

Born into adversity
Breaking down walls.. hey I'm free
Born into adversity
Breaking down walls . hey I'm free

Put in a cage throw away the key
Plot twist I saw the complexities
Hidden agendas and destroying lies
Couldn't erase the person I am inside