• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAS444

Learning
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a tip to help with shaking. I often shake all the time and just cannot control it. I'm so used to it I don't even notice it most of the time. But sometimes the shaking is very pronounced. Today, my hands are shaking like crazy and I'm trying to type notes to study. I tried eating something to see if that would help, but no success.

Any idea?

Thanks!

(((HUGS MAS444)))

I also have a problem with shaking. This has really helped me, but it is a bit strange and as my H says is v new age, touchy feely :D. I don't care it helps.

I have a moss agate turtle which I carry with me. It is only 2 cm big and no-one knows I'm holding it but me. I read about healing crystals and I'm a bit of a convert. Amethist advised me to try moss agate as it is gentle for beginners.

I also take a good sniff of lemon or bergamot oil. I shake when I am anxious or in a PTSD moment both the oil and turtle help to ground me, thus reducing the shakes.

Good luck
KP

Thanks so much, KP. I will have to try it. I do the conventional and new age and alternative med remedies. I figure, altogether, something's gotta help! I wear a crystal to ground me and bought some obsidian. I've got to try the agate. Have a great day! :)

I just let them shake. I am more concerned with my head than my hands. Haaa. But I guess I would try to breathing or holding them softly, one in another?

I shake when I'm stressed, and sometimes when I'm not well I feel like I'm shaking though I'm actually not. It doesn't bother me that much, so I have no experience at all with stopping it. But if I would want to stop it, I think I'd try the same thing that magically dissolves my twitchy 'I have to move' feeling: Tense all muscles consciously, then release; repeat. You can tense and relax successively, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back