• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Short-term Psychological Therapy Reduces Suicide Attempts In At-risk Soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

myptsd

MyPTSD Pro
Short-term cognitive behavioral therapy dramatically reduced suicide attempts among at-risk military personnel, according to findings from a recent study. The study of soldiers who had either attempted suicide or were at high risk of killing themselves found that soldiers receiving cognitive-behavioral therapy were 60 percent less likely to make a suicide attempt during the 24-month follow-up than those receiving standard treatment.
-24DsUoUAvA

[DLMURL="http://feeds.sciencedaily.com/~r/sciencedaily/mind_brain/ptsd/~3/-24DsUoUAvA/150213112319.htm"]Continue reading...[/DLMURL]

I am seeking out therapy that practices this form of therapy. I've heard phenomenal things about it from someone close to me and am looking forward to starting it. I've always wanted to have my thinking and action processes rewired. Shake off what I've been taught to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back