• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Should I Stay or Should I Go? Employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

willing

Confident
Today I am re-evaluating my work. Management. Parts I know I can do but the stress and dealing with others I can't. So what do you do when everything you know and count on ($ and benefits) are now at stake because I am worrying that I might not be able to do my job as before and may have to leave?
Patty

I too struggle with that but I know we couldn't survive without my income, not the way we want to live, the house, cars, education for the kids. I work hard all day which takes its toll on me but I have to do it and hopefully I keep it together. I too work in Management and probably could much better at my job I just keep it going for now and pray that I get better.

Before Christmas, I wondered if I would have to quit my job because of my symptoms, too. But like you guys, the money and benefits are too good to lose.

Sometimes I have what we call at my job 'a working day off'. I'm there...doing what is absolutely essential and taking it easy. I know that dealing with my traumas has helped me tremendously with being able to handle my day to day stress at work.

While getting to this point, I spent a lot of time crashing when I got home, napping in the evenings and totally slugging on the weekends. Fortunately my family was able to pick up the slack for me (cooking meals, dishes, etc.).

Since we're in the position of having to work, my recommendation would be to rest as much as possible, let the little stuff (housework, outside obligations *other than work*) go and take care (hot baths, naps, backrubs) of yourselves the best you can.

It's tough...hang in there!

I wish I could take it easy, with full-time work and 2 little kids (ages 8 & 2) that is not possible. I do manage to get sometime off, usually when I have worked myself up and have to crash, like today. I am sick with strep, both the kids have it too our household is in disarray right now which isn't easy to live with. Sorry I am whining but we are remodeling the basement, everyone is sick, I have a ton of crap going on at work and I have to travel Mon-Fri. to Chicago for the next 3 weeks so I will only be home on the weekends. Then I am also working with a Natural Health Coach to work on eating healther and more natural not processed foods which is hard to do when you live in a hotel during the week.

Sometimes I think that I keep so busy so I don't have to deal with the past, stay rooted in the present, it forces me to be here. My therapist applaudes me for being able to hold a job and family and juggle everything but it is just a place on the surface for me, under it all I hurt and hate and rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back