• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Show and Tell....ART

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photography

I used to draw and do some Prismacolor works, but since my "new life" has begun the hands don't work like they used to. So to satisfy my zest for art I have begun photograhic art. Here are some of my favorites:

Attachments

• Boos garden 11-15-05.jpg
    Boos garden 11-15-05.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Winter fairy magic 11-15-05.jpg
    Winter fairy magic 11-15-05.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 295
Very nice stuff YA and Boo... geez there is some artistic talent around here... I am a little jealous I think, because I suck artistically.

I completely understand what you are talking about Boo,
I have taken to photography more since I acquired my shaky hands.
(but they are too personal to share right now)
You pictures are gorgeous, so nautral and calming.
Natural beauty
It's awesome

Thanks Nam, Boo, and Anthony,
I was pretty nervous sharing some of the stuff

Can't wait to see more!

YA, I don't have any suggestions on how to continue on with your painting. In my opinion, what you have up there is awesome. So vague and yet so clear! I say, just go with it and see what happens. I can't wait to see it when it is finished (hint).

Thanks Nam,
So far that painting (unfinished one) has been the hardest for me to do.
I rarely paint abstract... and strangly enough, there was never supposed to be a face in it.
I just started painting lines, shading them, curving them...
(i might of even started up upside down...)
and when I looked at it later... all I could see was a face...
creeps the hell out of me,
and I know how I want to finish it,
it's just the colors that escape me.

I'm going to sit down and paint today I think...

Nam and Y&A, your paintings are so interesting! The eye is simple but so expressive. It has a mournful look but the red lashes are like spurts from a volcano or the surface of the sun.

The unfinished painting shares certain elements with NAM's picasso body. It looks like a female torso but with fat veins, or a sort of steely structure holding it together. I think the answers will come to you when you are in the right frame of mind. Or maybe if you mull over it before sleep you'll wake with a solution in mind. :thumbs-up

Thank you, it's really become quite a passion for me (plus it gets me outdoors) I'm also starting to learn some graphic art techniques.

I suck artistically.

ROFLMAO Anthony!

I can SO relate, as I suck artistically too! I can't even take a digital photo of my dogs without it looking like they have those evil, glowing eyes!:eek:

Of course, they do say that finger painting is artistic in its own way...:thumbs-up

An exerpt from "Dune"

Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
-from the book, Dune

Boo
Love the photos, the are fantastic

Y&A
I love your unfinished one as is but I'm a sucker for anything with purple in it. I loved the green you used in the eye painting as well

nice photos boo! you've made me wonder if i couldn't look into photography. i tried to paint again at my therapists suggestion, but i really have to be in the mood, and getting everything out, waiting for everthing to dry for the next step,etc.(oils) was making me crazy--no patience. so i quit trying. i love landscapes, kind of making a place to escape to, know? you have inspired me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back