• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulcia

MyPTSD Pro
I was a "supporter" for a long time. During my relationship with my sufferer, I was diagnosed with GAD and prescribed meds. We have since broken up, but I still frequent the forum. I don't have PTSD, but thought I could still get some feedback here...

What are the craziest side effects you've had to deal with? I've been struggling with insomnia since almost the beginning and, most recently, I've started acting out my dreams, to include hitting or pushing my partner. This could be a side effect, I'm not sure. Anyone else have issues with SSRIs?

At one time I was on Mirtazapine 30mg for reasons similar to you. They gave me a bad case of the munchies and dreams so vivid they would scare me. Not nightmare scared but thought I was awake scared. Got off those as fast as I could. They put me on benzos after that PRN which ended up helping although I had to work hard to taper down periodically so as to not build a tolerance and get hooked. A long, long time ago I was put on them and ended up living through benzo hell trying to get off them for about a year.

But to answer your question, I thought the dreams were real life. I slept in the spare bedroom with the light on till I got off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back