1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Sideboard vs. My Little Piggy - One , Nil

Discussion in 'Social' started by Marlene, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Last night as I was walking down my dark hallway (barefoot) towards my bedroom, I decided (since I had nothing better to do) to kick the sideboard. Well...it kicked back! OMG-I haven't been dropped to my knees in pain in a long time. I don't remember what I said, but it must have been loud and colorful because it brought my husband running to see what was wrong.

He turned the light on so we could see my foot. My toe (in the 'This little piggy' rhyme, it's that little piggy that had none-next to my baby toe) was laying over at a very odd angle. All I could think was 'oh great-it's out of joint'. My husband gave a little tug to it and I could feel it pop back into place. Standing up on it got it back all the way straight. I think I just jammed the hell out of it, but man does it hurt!!!

This morning I have a very fat little piggy, swelling under my foot where toe meets foot and a nice bruise forming on the top of my foot where toe meets foot.

I'm so glad I inherited that gene for gracefullness. :tongue:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Holy cow, the non-living objects can still defend themselves!
    You better go to the ER for some painkillers :pills:

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You just need to get some steel toed boots... Then you can show it who is boss he he he... Hope it feels better soon.

5. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

LOL, I stopped keeping score but...
    I know I won the "me vs. lightswitch" battle
    Unfortunatly I think that was my only 'victory'
    "me vs. cupboards/tables/couches/drywall/concrete" all were embarressing failers.

Take care of that toe and I hope it heals up soon,
    Y&A

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

My personal favorite is me vs. thin air.. it seems to enjoy tripping me at the most awkard of times (it's favorite time is when there are witnesses to this utter faliure) and somehow managing to hurt toes in the process...

I will get even thin air!!!! :boxem:

ROFL...

bec

7. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Marlene you had better watch the next time lass. The "Furniture Strikes Back". Good title for a movie don't you think. Anyway take it easy you silly billy. I've done that a few times and I've cursed the furniture.
    Scott:hello:

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Glad to know I'm not the only one who battles with the inanimate objects in their homes. I also have a desk at work that likes to attack my knees. *sigh* Why do they always seem to win??

Hoping the ice holds out (I like my fat toe numb right now) and maybe I'll schedule a rematch soon...and bring an ax. Then again, with my gracefulness...maybe I won't. LOL

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Coffee tables are the meanest furniture ever created. They lie in wait and when the doorbell rings, wowzers. On top of all that the wife brought an iron/glass one home. It's in cahoots with the rug.

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

LMAO.... Do NOT get me started on the area rugs! Now I won with the coffee table, he died during my uncontrolled anger phase. As did the cell phone when I ran it over with the mower. Hubs learned not to say stupid things on the other end as he has to keep buying me new ones :). Oh BTW I would have never run it over it but throwing it at my barn did not work.

My son lost the battle kicking a mower, he had a very purple swollen pinky toe. I was amazed at how fast he bounced back. He claimed he tripped, uh too purple for that!

Why is it we always kick the really hard shit?

11. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Marlene, a horse stood on my foot once, it was agony. And I'm always bashing my toe off of the stool.
    Scott