• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Skipping Meds

Do you ever purposefully skip medications?

• Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have skipped my lexapro in the mornings when I wake up with energy and clear minded before. It rarely happens, but I thought if I took the pill, my energy would drop. I tried skipping my sleeping medicine, which I am now able to take half a dose of, thinking it is summer and if I don't sleep oh well, I can sleep in. Faulty thinking. If not sleeping, not sleeping.

Sometimes, I just forget. Other times, I take a break for tolerance reasons. I think it really depends on the medication.

Last edited:
I'm really bad at remembering to take even my allergy meds. When I was on Prozac for my anxiety though it was a constant battle to not be exhausted and I would sleep for 14 hours at a time regardless of the time of day I took it, so I tapered off of it and stopped. Doctor wasn't too happy with me because apparently you're not supposed to do that, but I'm not on it anymore regardless.

That was my only conscious decision to stop though. Everything else is I need to better remind myself when my meds are due.

I hit no but forgot about xanax buts as needed anyway. My seriquel XR i take faithfully. Only 2 psychriatric meds im on. Others are pain meds as needed, thyroid med i take faithfully, vit d perscribed i take faithfully and thats it so i dont think you can count an as needed medication as its meant to skip if you dont need it.

Yes, but it's usually because of one of two reasons:
1. I'm running out of meds and I haven't gotten a new prescription yet
2. I am thouroughly confused on whether I remember taking them already or if that memory was from the day before, so I skip them to prevent a possible overdose.

I voted for yes, because I have had to stop taking Celexa for brief amounts of time due to drug interactions. It has always been very temporary and with the advice of a doctor and pharmacist. It has sometimes been very difficult.

In the beginning I tried to skip meds a couple of times as soon as I felt better but it never worked out as planned... So I'm not doing it again on purpose. When life gets busy I tend to forget to take my meds or can't remember if I already took them but as soon as this happens I'm using a pill box with week days or write the week days on the blister packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back