• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Slcpd refuses to take report of s.a. of a minor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadeaway

MyPTSD Pro
Let it be know that Salt lake city police department flat out refused to take a report of sexual assault of a minor. The told me that the child has to make the report themselves. they don't take 3rd party reports.

THIS IS BULSHIT! I begged and pleading for them to take a report.

I am shaking so hard. I feel like it is my f*cking fault because I tried to protect them before it happened and failed. I know people are going to tell me it isn't my fault and I am trying to convince myself it isn't. I am fed up with all the shit and feeling helpless.

I am on a warpath. I have had it with this city, I have had it with everything I have been through recently. The damn has broken and my anger is flowing and I can sit here and feel helpless or I can raise hell. There is only so much a person can take and you know I have been dealt more than my fair share, we all have. How many of us would not be here is someone with higher authority had acted sooner? The system needs change.

While looking up the laws I only found one story after another of victims who were ignored by the police. Honestly, I am surprised that we don't really hear of vigilante justice because the legal justice system fails more victims than it helps and I am sick of it.

I am surprised that we don't really hear of vigilante justice because the legal justice system fails more victims than it helps and I am sick of it.
I couldn't agree more. And it sounds so trite to say I'm sorry for all you've been through recently, and yet here I am, saying it. I'm told anger likes to move and I am heartened that you contacted cps etc. after your experience with the police. Well done and don't back down!!!

f*cking disgusting! Minors can't be trusted to do anything on their own, in the eyes/words o...
Plus, as the mom of teenagers, I witness kids that are too afraid to even send their teacher an email or tell them they don't understand a subject. I witness kids that I teach, too afraid to report a simple hurtful thing someone does. There is a huge learning curve on expecting kids to stand up for themselves. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back