• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostybear73

MyPTSD Pro
I really would like to sleep forever. I average 2 to 3 hours of broken sleep a night. I get a new sleep med prescribed, it lasts for a couple days and then I'm back to no sleep. A lot of the meds that would knock people out (like benzos), I take throughout the day to prevent anxiety symptoms.

I was taking a blood pressure medication that has a side use for people with bad dreams. After a day or so, I would have to increase it. I started sleepwalking, so off that med we go.

I started the other blood pressure medication that is used for bad dreams as well. I slept one night solid with no dreams. The next night, I was back to being up all night because of the dreams.

I have hallucinations at night of people in my room and when I ignore them, I start to feel them tugging at my legs trying to drag me out of bed. Oddly enough, I am awake and have to turn the light on to get through the night. Then the hallucinations are back to being just in my peripheral vision, which I'm used to.

I love the idea of sleeping all night, but hate the idea of having to face bad dreams. This is why it would be nice to just sleep forever.

Last edited:
I've very much been in your position. I have had limited success with using headphones and falling asleep to meditations. Believe me, if you knew me, You would look at me with your jaw agape at the fact I am willing to try such things - but they have been helpful to me at times and when it comes to my triggers I will take any help I can get.

I try...I fail so many times, but I try..to just take some deep breaths and remind myself they really were just dreams. It's the best I can do until my medication starts working, and I remind myself that a panic attack is worse than letting go to the fear I am holding.

I hallucinated after a year of little sleep and would have to turn on the lights too. I pray you get sleep soon. Hallucinations alone could cause a person to get PTSD. Talk about not feeling safe!

Working out vigorously daily has helped me the most with sleep.

The fact that you feel energies tugging you out of bed - please consider buying sage leaves. You can get it on Amazon inexpensively. Open your windows when you burn it and thoroughly cleanse your place, telling whoever is there to go. If they are unpleasant spirits, sage stinks to them.

I know it sounds nutty to those who haven't met with animated energy, but to those of us who have had encounters - you ignore it at your own risk. It is unacceptable if anything is trying to mess with you.

Life with PTSD is hard enough as it is. That's all you need - uninvited visitors!

My 'medication resistant' insomnia, accompanied by repetitive and disturbing images, improved when I started to explore the images, and the related feelings in therapy.

Thanks everyone, your support is greatly appreciate.

Francine; at this point I am open to anything. I am going to buy the supplies tomorrow. It would be great to get some relief.

Change; I have been in therapy for a while and although I have shown significant improvement, I'm still trying to beat the problems I have at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back