• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Small Steps Towards Healing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterbee

Confident
Hi,
I'm a 41 year old female and I've experienced domestic violence and sexual assaults. I went into denial and only started dealing with my past about 6 years ago, had some counselling and gradually I started to improve and despite still having ptsd symptoms I ignored the cracks because I naively believed I would continue to improve. Last year I was badly triggered by something so minor and I tried to pick myself up and carry on, but over 6 months the symptoms escalated and I think I was having emotional flashbacks too. Anyway, so after that I have improved a little but I'm still struggling and decided I need a proper diagnosis and therapy so I'm just waiting for an assessment at the moment then go from there.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forums, there are a lot of great posts and lot of great people here to help you on your path to healing. I am sorry for what you have had to endure in your life, and you will find people that unfortunately have gone through what you have here, as I have found people similar to my own situations. It has been a great help to me. Take Care

Welcome to the forums :hug: I hope this place helps you. It's very useful because of the bulk amount of people who feel similar and understand. There is a lot of advice and support to be found here :) I hope that this amazing community helps you as much as it helped me, reading all the similar stories, and learning a lot along the way. Hugs if you accept :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back