1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

So My First Appointment is Tonight...

Discussion in 'General' started by SeaFoam, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaFoam

SeaFoam Member

I have been thinking of things I want to talk about...

The accident
    The rage
    The lack of trust for people
    The shitty feeling in my stomache all the time
    The general anxiety

Anything else you think I should bring up? I had a nightmare last night about everything again and woke up bleeding from my nose, I think it's just being scared of going through all this, cause to me it's a huge step

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

First appointments can be scary. I've found when I had a lot to say, but wasn't quite sure how to say it, I let my therapist lead and then I was able to jump in and say something about what was bothering me. A good therapist can pick up the thread of a subject and really get into it.

Feeling comfortable and finding trust (both take time) is a good start and then go from there.

Good luck and good for you for helping yourself.

Lisa

4. SeaFoam

SeaFoam Member

That was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be... We dug up a lot of stuff that I had burried deep, for good reason. I'm glad I went, I knew it would be tough but it almost seems like i'm more upset now than before and I have a ton of things going through my mind right now. I could have stayed there for hours, we didn't even touch on what caused it or the nightmares yet..

5. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

Hi SeaFoam you can PM me your nightmares and I will help you sort them out. I've been doing dream interpretations for over 3 years and it has helped me with my self esteem and brought out things about myself I never knew existed. Which in turn helped me to heal. Don't worry about the content of the dreams because I have seen everything from cannibalism, genocide, beastality etc. and none of it phases me because dreams are metephores and not literal (for the most part).

Peace
    Tammy

Tammy

6. SeaFoam

SeaFoam Member

Sure i'll PM you when I get a chance, at work right now so I don't really want co-workers looking over my shoulder.. A lot of them I can't remember, but mostly they are reliving my accident, the other night im not sure what happened in my dream but i woke up sweating, breathing hard and bleeding from my nose

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Good for you Seafoam. I'm glad it went well.

bec

8. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

the key is trying to put all of those emotions away until your next meeting.

9. SeaFoam

SeaFoam Member

Had another session tonight, went rough again.. I'm afraid I scare my therapist and she keeps talking about how much rage I have.. Made me talk about the nightmares and the accident - felt like reliving it all over again.

10. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

The anger is very hard to deal with... I know, I too was a very, very angry person. So angry that the only therapist that we had around here would not take me on as a client, because of my anger. It took several months of me working with a rape victims group ( and him getting reports on me) before he would take me as a client.

Keep working at trying to find ways to deal with your anger in a healthy way......