1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

So What Are You Craving?

Discussion in 'Social' started by cdunny, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdunny

cdunny Active Member

Okay so its too late to go out, the kids are in bed, your broke, Nobody delivers, or your cutting calories. Whatever the reason, especially if your a woman, there is probably something you are craving. What is that one thing that either A, you hardly ever get and absolutely love, or B, you are craving right now and cant get.

I am personally craving House Special Lo mein. I hardly ever get it any more. Im from NC and there is a chinese rest around every corner. I recently moved to a small town in Oklahoma and the chinese food here is horrible. But as much as Im craving it right now I would go for it if it werent for the fact that its late at night and everything is closed. Oh what I wouldnt give for a nice plate of House special Lo mein. mmmmmm:tongue:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. desert4now

desert4now Active Member

Hey Cdunny,

Cookies and Cream ice cream. My absolute favorite food. Trying to watch the weight so its off limits to me now. Sad.

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Coffee with cream and sugar.

I'm trying to cut back...like to none! And I'm going through some serious can't have my coffee blues. I tried tea...but not the same....mmmm sumatra...

5. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Salt and vinegar potato chips

Not a sweets person...but almost always crave crispy, salty things like Cheetos, Fritos, potato chips, etc. It's what helps me keep my "girlish" figure :rofl:

The only way I can lose weight is to cut back on the carbs...<sigh> Why is it the things we love the most are often bad for us??

6. purdyamos

purdyamos Active Member

I am craving actual human love, and I don't mean from a lover, I mean the most fundamental basic stuff that most people on this forum seem to take for granted even while they are complaining about their problems.

7. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

No fair purdy! I understand your craving since I grew up with not having any "love". I was forturnate to have found someone. But I certainly don't feel good about putting him through hell. Trot on over to the spouse's forum and you can read what ptsd will do to the friend, spouse, lover, etc. I think that you have quite the bright future if you get yourself well and begin to accept yourself as you are. You will find that if you are comfortable in your own skin and like it, people will begin to like you too.

8. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Peanut butter M&M's!!! yummmmmmm

9. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i love anything chocolate, but right now i am craving a roast cooked with onions and potatoes and carrots, and lots of salt and pepper! then maybe some vegetable beef soup with the leftovers. i think it's because of the cooler weather we're having.

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I am in Tx with no A/C, I am craving cooler weather! A front is about to blow through and we are about to get nailed with some storms. But with it being a cold front this time of the year it still just means the highs will get knocked downs in the 80's, I guess it is better than the 90's. I hate being so damn hot all the time now.

11. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Homemade salsa....I finished eating my last batch earlier today...will have to make more tomorrow. Trouble is...the longer it sits, the better it is...so I'll have to let it sit until at least Monday...

12. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Ok I'm not craving a food thing. I would love a day of pampering. Full body massage, aromatherapy spa, facial. mmm just to unwind & have a day thats all about me. If I have to throw some food in, sushi afterwards!

13. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Yes! Sushi! Oh...how I miss sushi... When I lived in California, I loved the food there. Especially the asian foods. Here is Ioway, there is only one, count 'em, one sushi restaurant here in town. So...it's not as good.

California rolls....mmmmmm