• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship So When He Says Leave Me Alone While On A Huge Downer - What Do You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine71

MyPTSD Pro
HI all

So when he says leave me alone while on a huge downer - what do you do?

I cant focus and need to get work done - we are both in the house and I am just so tired of the mood swings.

Do you leave your partner alone?
Check in on them?
Encourage them to do something and break the pattern - ie go for a walk or pop to the shops together?

Thanks for being there

Sunshine

Let him stew things through for a while but regularly pop into whichever room he is in just to keep an eye out and offer the occasional cup of tea.

Answer will be no as long as he needs to isolate,when the answer is yes,it usualy indicates isolation is over and its safe to chatter etc as normal.....

Thats how we roll...

If possible I carry out small"jobs" such as putting laundry away or gettinng a toy for the dog rather than it being an obviou check up...

Thank you so much Wife of and Myvetswife - I am going to work with this and let him be. Luckily I work from home although it does have its good points and bad ones too.

xxxxxxxxxx

My situation is a little different because we are long distance. He hasn't actually told me to leave him alone but he's defiantly isolating. He told me has ptsd and he knew I'd read and learn about it, and I have. It sucks. Anyway I'm trying to leave him alone. If I don't hear from him for more than 2 days I text. Sometimes he texts out of the blue and will talk about what he's going through, mostly that he's not sleeping. I try to say something nice without coming on too strong. It's really hard, I want to tell him how much I care and run down to where he lives and just hold him. But our plans to get together are on hold. Indefinately. So I just try to normal stuff... And wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back