• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Social security drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHatGirl

Learning
I am very upset. The social security ap. I have been doing was 70% done and I wasn't going to have it together for A while. It said i have until May, 18th. I got a voucemail stating to call them back. Now the next thing I got a form demanding more unfo. Stating that I spoke with their Rep. And decided to turn ut in on the day I got the voicemail!

I am really mad. And anxious. I sent in two email messages asking them to let me finish my application and that their staff member LIED! I need to do more research as nd find doctors names and such.

I am really mad. And anxious. I sent in two email messages asking them to let me finish my application and that their staff member LIED!
I'm guessing you haven't heard back from anyone, with the US thanksgiving holiday taking most folks out til Monday. It's always frustrating when holidays hit in the middle of stuff like this.

Do you have access to any organizations that help people with applications for disability? Or a social worker assigned to you?

And more confusion...

I'm applying for SSI, and I'm being allowed temporarily to stay with Family.
The SSI wants details of housing. And I've been so homeless most of 6.5 years.
How do I explain, what a mess, that I may not be were I am very long, and have no idea where I may end up? Then, they will ask why? And my family can get nastier and nastier until I must leave over continual triggers. I don't want help getting into another shelter. I want SSI so I can get a low income apt., I don't want them to give my family my SSI because they are housing me very temporarily. Just a mess?

Last edited by a moderator:
God I hope not. I want money so if I wish to move to a warmer climate, I can (I'm in the Pacific NW) and I have lots of issues with chronic rain and cold weather without a car.
I've already had a big misunderstanding with SSDI office, and it wasn't really clear today when I went up there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back