• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Some Of The Finest People I Have Never Met Are Here

• Thread starter Deleted member 28740
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28740

Just a thanks out to 'in' here. Different histories, lives and paths, burdens and demons. We share here in a way that is not open to most of us in our 'real' lives. PTSD makes real life so f***ing tough. I can't build a shell around me, and don't want to. I can take deep breaths here, spill my guts, get hugs, and feel real.

I guess I should pose a question. I just want to say thanks.

@Changeling :hug::hug::hug:

I know what you mean. I often express gratitude for being heard here. I can't imagine life without you or any of our loving members. Within the past year, the partial chip on my shoulder that flared among other angry post...has lost a little of it's oomph. That is not to say, I am cured (of course) but to offer I am less angry from being heard and understood by my peers.

I saw others doing those same things or having the same flashback symptoms that I did: we sometimes even laughed in good humor on it together! Freedom...I gave my shame away and became proud to use words like 'self regulation of PTSD'. I do not care anymore who knows on the 'outside'. Yet this is all because of the opportunity within the board, the staff and the hearts within here.

So I thank you Changeling for the thread, your expression and my chance to offer thanks to you and those others but again.

Namaste...peace and prayers

I would like to say a very big Thankyou too for everyone who's supported me on this forum , before I found this I was very lonely and thought no one would understand me x but when I've read post so many times I e thought I know exactly how that feels x I don't think anyone but a sufferer can understand how another sufferer feels or how we cope on a daily basis x I'm so greatful for this forum x it really is my saving grace and one that I feel so safe with x Thankyou x

I've been thinking of telling someone about the times I don't feel like myself. I want to tell this to a man who is interested in me, thinks I am pretty, etc. I really don't want to get involved with anyone, I don't want to be a wife, don't to have intimate relations, and so I feel like I could not be anyone's sweetheart.

It is so much easier to chat with folks here. Everyone understands. In real life, I have not really met anyone accept therapists and psychiatrists that understand.

When I'm having a hard time I often think of how I can turn to everyone here and get the support I need, find guidance and just read about other people going through the same thing.

It's like a tucked-away sanctuary I can retreat to where I know I'm understood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back