• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Some things seem so trivial, but trigger a rage inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just "lost it" inside...wanted to scream, cry and yell because a friend non-chalantly mentioned plans were canceled for tonight. I got so angry and withheld tears,but ran to the bathroom (here at my university) to be isolated. I wish my mood didn't switch so quickly. I feel like it's a big trigger when my trust is betrayed in even the seemingly slightest sense. I'm trying not to let this ruin my entire day. I wrote her, but I'm afraid she's just going to accuse me of overreacting or trying to make her feel guilty. I don't associate with many people closely, so I'm afraid to be anything other than agreeable for fear of losing her.
This might seem trivial, but I'm just glad I could put it into writing so maybe someone could relate. I feel like my body's on fire over this.

That stuff happens to me too. I'm sure for other people here too. It's hard for me to ''let people in'' then once their ''in'', you really do feel like you need them. Then once they become ''unreliable''(even though it is an exaggeration) it's just so frusterating. Misdirected feelings get fired on them, the schedule changes, etc.

Glad your feeling better. One thing that's helped me is meditating on non-attachment. It's hard but we have to let the flame cool down and then try to look at it under a different set of eyes. I bet your friend didn't want to abandon you, things happen, plans change. In my opinion at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back