• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Something Funny Happened Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

Confident
I went out today to pick up some food, and then went back to my car. I walked up to my car and pressed the unlock button. Car wouldn't open when I pulled on the door handle... I pressed the unlock button again and heard the door unlock. I continued to pull open the door and start to throw my purse onto the passenger side seat.

But when I look in the car.... there was stuff on the floor and seat of the passenger side that I didn't recognize... it was someone else's car! :oops:

I see that she had her door open on the passenger side and told her, I am really sorry, I thought this was my car, I just got a new car, sorry! She said it was okay. I proceeded a spot over to where my actual car was and got in.

I realized it was perfect timing because she must have unlocked her door to open the passenger side just when I pressed the unlock button on my car key, LOL! It was just ridiculously perfect timing, I was giggling about it all the way home. Yea, I was a little embarrassed, but I found it mostly funny because what are the chances, you know?? :hilarious:

Hope my experience will make someone smile or brighten their day. :happy:

Don't feel bad! Recently we've had a lot of snow and ice. Last night my car was stuck in my driveway. Boo! Today I managed to get it out. I live on a somewhat steep incline. Coming home this afternoon I absent mindedly pulled in to the top of the hill.

Only to watch my car slide back down the hill by itself! Lovely. All I could do was pray it missed the ditch! LOL

I did that once too, way back before there were remote keys.

I unlocked the car, got in, and then tried to figure out how in the Hell my manual transmission converted itself to automatic!

My key unlocked another Honda Accord that looked just like mine. Turns out that at the time, Honda only had five total key patterns for Accords, so your key could unlock 1 out of every 5 Accords. Ridiculous.

My key unlocked another Honda Accord that looked just like mine. Turns out that at the time, Honda only had five total key patterns for Accords, so your key could unlock 1 out of every 5 Accords. Ridiculous.

I've heard of that happening before, but someone told me blah blah blah that's just a myth, they make more than only 5 key patterns. Apparently it IS true! Lol.

That is so funny, thank you for posting! As a kid (about 10), I went back to our car to wait for my mother (we lived in a small town, and never needed to lock the car). I got in and thought my mother had made a very strange choice (for her) of a pair of fluffy dice, hanging from the mirror. I marvelled at her choosing such a thing that was so out of character for her for 5 or so minutes before realising I was sitting in someone else's car!

Thanks for everyone sharing their stories. It is putting a smile on my face this morning :) It is just funny sometimes of some of these things happening, because what are the chances, you know?

Only to watch my car slide back down the hill by itself! Lovely. All I could do was pray it missed the ditch! LOL

Oh my gosh! That is like something out of a movie, lol. I hope it didn't go in the ditch. :)

I knocked on the wrong door once...and met my future husband. Sometimes mistakes are funny, or meaningful. I like that.

That is awesome! I was going to say I am going to try this, but then it won't be on accident because I am doing it purposefully, so it won't work, lol. ;)

I unlocked the car, got in, and then tried to figure out how in the Hell my manual transmission converted itself to automatic!

That would be confusing trying to figure out how your transmission changed! I bet I would do the same, especially if I didn't see bags and stuff in the passenger seat, I would have just gotten in the car, buckled in, and try to turn it on. Wow, can't believe only five key patterns. That is actually kind of scary they did that. I hope times have changed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back