• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Something natural that helps me sleep my dr. told me about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Something Natural That Helps Me Sleep that My Dr. Told Me About!

She told me to take a half of a yellow banana with the skin on (organic is best, but if you use non-organic, wash the skin thoroughly), cut it in half, cut the tip off of it and soak it in boiling water for 5 minutes. Be sure to leave that peel ON! Then drink the water, peel it and eat the half banana.

She said that this would help to replenish some of the minerals that some of my medications flush out of my body. Potassium and Magnesium were two of the minerals she said would come from doing this.

I checked this out with my RN best friend and she confirmed that minerals in liquid form are most easily assimilated by the body. In other words, this is a far better way to get your minerals that help you sleep than taking them in tablet form!

Epsom salt baths a few times a week and magnesium gel combined with my daily moisturizing routine (coconut oil/lavender/frankincense - or - coconut oil/peppermint) are my go to options for the magnesium benefits, adding more of either one as needed.

I eat lots of regular and burro bananas either by themselves, baked with cinnamon/nutmeg/etc., or in smoothie and nice cream creations, so the potassium part is taken care of in the tastiest ways I can come up with.

I don't like to eat anything solid right before I go to bed to cause my body to have to start the digestive process all over again, as it needs its rest, too, although it took me years to get out of that habit and connect many of my symptoms that had been labeled other stuff directly to my consumption habits at the time.

I recently fell back into being lax about it, choosing things I knew better than to choose, and suffered the consequences. Thanks, body, for reminding me.

Still learning a whole lot about what not to do in order to better innerstand what my being actually benefits from. lol All this learning creates many A.F.G.O. moments within my days. (Another F'n Growth Opportunity) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back