1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Something Warm and Fuzzy

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Some of you know that I recently lost my beloved cat Lovey. I felt the need to do something I haven't done in years. Shelter newborn orphan kittens. Since May 21st I've been raising a litter of 3 orphan kittens. They have been my saving grace in recovering from loosing my cat. I finally have managed to wean them from their bottles and they are now big kitties and are eating out of a bowl. They spend the day in my bathroom running, jumping and trying to climb my bare legs when I go in to play with them. I am going to have to turn them over to a local rescue shelter so they can find happy homes and families. That will make me sad and I will miss them, but they have done their job. I am over my loss and I can give them up knowing that I helped them live and grow up. It puts a smile on my face and in my heart!
    Years ago I shelter for the same rescue group and I think I am going to start sheltering again. I did it for about 8-9 years and forgot how much fun it was and discovered I actually miss it, a lot.
    Anyway, thought you guys might enjoy a warm and fuzzy on this lovely evening. I thank you for listening HERC

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Thats excellent herc, glad you are back on top and thinking more positively once again. Well done, and happy for your new found happiness.

4. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Thanx for the kind words and support. After a few litter of kittens I may gey grumpy again. Lack of sleep from feeding kittens tends to cause grumpiness LOL Herc

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

That is very nice. Could use more people like you. I think that would do a lot to help lift spirits if you think about it. So many who can barely sleep... What a better way to spend your time and feel good but by caring for a lap full of fuzzies needing you during all hours (until you learn to sleep again!)

6. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Definately give me the warm and fuzzies. Awesome work Herc. very gratifying to I bet.....Great job on your first litter of babies.

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

Glad to hear that you've decided to keep sheltering babies. When I met you a few months ago, you spoke about sheltering quite a lot and I could tell it was something you really enjoyed.

Keep up the good work.

Lisa

8. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Good job, Herc! When I get down about the state of the world, I can look back on a post like this and be grateful there are people like you around taking care of some of our most vulnerable creatures :) Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar