• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sometimes they don't listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had an EKG, and as a result got a call from my PDOC. He said my EKG showed prolonged QT intervals, and that seroquel can cause this, he wants me to Discontinue taking it. Without it if I sleep at all it may be only 2 hours. And I end up with some mania. It is hard enough dealing with trauma, now I have to deal with being intentionally made sick with his order. He wants to address this when he see's me next which is weeks away.

I don't have much choice but to follow his order, as he controls my prescriptions, I guess him seeing for himself is the only way to make the point.

One good thing can come from this, when I have mania my trauma does not bother as much.

But I worry his orders are going to ultimately result in another hospitalization. I have had 4 in a year and a half, and 3 stints in PHP.

If it’s any consolation (and it may not be!), the times I’ve come off quetiapine my sleep has been effected, but corrected itself as my body gradually got used to not having it in my system. There are alternatives to quetiapine that your pdoc may be able to talk to you about, so hang in there:)

I sent him a portal message confronting him on a plan for alternatives, actually before I was put on seroquel which was in hospital I only sleep 2 hours a night and was wired the next day. A lifelong pattern. They tried every sleep med they could and seroquel worked best. I also take lithium which causes the same thing. And its the two meds together that keep me nice and level. (Perfect med combo). So I suspect I am going to have to go back to square one, start from scratch with a new pair of meds. And that is a hit and miss we all know. So I suspect it will require inpatient. It is what it is.

I have a T appt tomorrow, and she has seen me without the seroquel before, strung out from no sleep and wired, she will see it again and maybe he will see for himself if he happens to be there.

I saw my T and they want me to go without for almost a month until I see the PDOC again. Already from just last night I have only 3 hours sleep, and am wired and ready to go (hypomanic). Going to be a long month, I see this being a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back