• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Somewhat Funny Hypervigilance Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have two blocked up ears, one quite severely (an ear infection that hasn't gone away). After I washed my hair this morning, I wrapped my hair up in a towel covering my ears in the process. As I was getting ready, I kept hearing a knocking sound. I got scared. Who was it coming from in my house or outside? I bravely checked around. Now that the towel is off, I realize the fluid in my ear is making a knocking sound and that with the towel on I thought it was coming from somewhere else because it seemed louder. Just thought I would share that little story because it is a bit humorous.

LOL! I have done the same thing!! It's the strangest sound! When I would swim, that would happen! And no matter how often I heard it, intiially I always thought it was someone/something else. Then I was like... oh yea.... my ears.... :joyful::joyful:

I slightly recall similar experiences when I used to swim. I often responded by diving deeper down into the water and hiding on the bottom (how does that even make sense??) :P

I am getting over a plugged ear. It is not funny at all! I finally in desperation searched for a way to unplug my ears. Google "valvsaga" unplug ear. It worked on my ear in about 30 seconds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back