• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Son Going Overseas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is fine Kathy she is no worry she has moved out of home and has been working at a restaurant for 6 years she is now Assistant Manager it is a busy place so bit stressful for her at times. She is quite shy which surprises us she is doing well in that environment.
Am I right in saying it is 4am where you are? What are you doing on the computer at that hour?

Yes I imagine a restaurant job would be rather stressful, however good on her for being assistant manager at such a young age, especially given her shyness! It is half past 8 am here Jen (8:30). Here in Newfoundland we are actually the furthest east of anywhere else in North America, hence our time is closer to European time than many other times in Canada/USA. We are only 2 1/2 hours behind Dublin, Ireland.

Oh ok I asked hubby what time was it in Canada and he said 4am I thought thats where you were! Now I know!
Well this be your sons first overseas trip?

Canada is a huge country Jen, we have 5 time zones. I believe 4 am would be Pacific Time. But then there is also Mountain, Central, Eastern, and Newfoundland Time. We are so special, Evie says, as we have our very own time zone. :wink: And yes, this will be Colin's first overseas trip. I suppose that is part of the excitement for him!

ETA: Oh pardon me, Jim tells me I missed a time zone, Atlantic, which is 1/2 hour behind Newfoundland. That makes six! Jim forgets everything else but he would remember that. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I know only too well. Plenty of testosterone poisoning in this house! It took the cake though, when it was the morning of Evie's birthday, and I had prepared a special breakfast for her, and Jim came downstairs and remarked, "What's the occasion?" He had only just signed the papers on Evie's new car, which he purchased for her, the day before! Honestly, I admit I was annoyed at that one!

Colin will be turning 20 in a couple of weeks, and if Jim forgets this birthday I believe I will make him sleep outside with the goats! :rofl:

Oh he is forgetful isnt he? Does he have selective hearing as well as domestic deafness my hubby does?:rolleyes:

Oh yes very much so. I find speaking in short simple sentences is best! :rofl:

Now that I've had my daily quota of bashing my poor man I best get some work done! Have a lovely evening Jen, I've enjoyed chatting with you.

You to Kathy this thread went from talking about our sons going overseas to hubby bashing?:hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back