• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Song About Breakup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julesnaz

Confident
So one of my exes was doing this 30 days of lyrics on Facebook this month and for his last one today he posted one that he wrote.

Another toothbrush in the trash
Another lover now in the past
Please tell me why, oh why, they all go away

Was it something that I said
Was it what I wouldn't do in bed
Please tell me lies and that you want to stay

Maybe you needed someone I could never be
Maybe I want someone who's just a little bit more like me

Another quality I lack
Another lie I can't take back
Please tell me why, oh tell me why

I'm like 99.9% sure this was about us. He told me he wanted to be with someone more like him, he's really into electronic music and technology stuff, I'm pretty technologically impaired haha. He knew about my relationship with S (we aren't dating, but I see him when he's not in a funk. He's my Dominant and he means a lot to me) and he said he was ok with it, he really wasn't but didn't say anything. It makes it out like I broke up with him, when he was the one who said we lived to far apart and he wanted someone more like him. Reading this really hurts and I'm not sure why. I know he has every right to be upset and write whatever he wants, but it still upsets me. Now I know I'm gonna have a bad night.

My first thought? The rhythm is all off in that poem. Awful poetry writing.

Also, since you still have your ex on Facebook, may I suggest opening a chat with him asking about it? (In the bottom corner there's a white thing that says "chat" open that and click on his name and just have the conversation in there. Don't worry if he doesn't get back to you right away, he probably will.)

Maybe you'll find out that a conversation about the poem would be perfect closure, or maybe you'll find out it wasn't about you.

That's my two cents. Hope it helps a little bit.

It's a song. He writes and records electronic music. I know I should talk to him about it. I'm just nervous. I know I shouldn't be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back