• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Special Offer For Trauma Professionals: Fee-free Advertising On Myptsd For 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

[DLMURL="https://www.myptsd.com/c"]MyPTSD.com[/DLMURL]--the worlds largest online community dedicated to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), its associated trauma, and its effects--is releasing a therapist directory for its reader base in early 2015.

This unique opportunity for trauma therapists will offer free exposure to MyPTSD's global community, which comprised over two million readers affected by trauma globally in the past fiscal year.

MyPTSD invites all therapists who provide trauma therapy and related therapeutic services to those with PTSD, their spouses, and associated comoribid disorders to advertise their therapeutic business for early listing in our free directory for 2015.

Each listing will be afforded its own page where a therapist can publish a photo of themselves or their company, services provided, other information about your company or qualifications, and full contact details to best serve the distinct needs of our expansive community.

The directory will be categorized by geographic location, maximizing exposure to listings for those seeking trauma therapy locally. All listings will be attached to a free registered account, giving full self-management to each professional to tailor accounts for their dynamic services.

MyPTSD is a well-established online community that was founded in 2005 and has garnered the largest community of those afflicted by trauma in the world. The site has attracted a loyal user base of those looking to heal from trauma and manage PTSD. Users are interested in a wide range of therapeutic modalities and are dedicated to moving forward with the help of trauma professionals.

To get your free listing as a therapist, fill out our form. You can do so as a guest or registered member.

[DLMURL="http://www.prlog.org/12401114.pdf"]PDF Version[/DLMURL]

Released via:

Elegantly written! Another fantastic service on the forum!

I'm wondering If there is a link that members can copy/paste, in emails, to their therapists?

Perhaps you have already done this, but please make these therapists also list their price and what type, if any, of insurance they take or whether they do sliding scale.

Therapy is so expensive and the only affordable places are those terrible haircut college version of therapy(been there done that). We need more experienced professionals willing to work with low income people!!!

Whilst I understand your view, what you're asking is impossible. Whilst I could go through a lengthy process of qualification verification, and insurances, they could simply not pay them the next year, and that verification is out the door.

It is, and will always, be up to the client to determine qualifications, insurance and any pricing negotiations. Therapists have no need to advertise their hourly rate here. Rates change... and thus we're back to an ever challenging system of checks and balances, where things will still be missed. A lot of work for a free listing.

Sorry.

I'm not saying to verify them bro, just make it a required field to list it. I've seen the same on other sites, it's really not that difficult. Therapists DO need to advertise their hourly rates because that is a key factor for MOST of us. In America, we don't get free shit ok?

Impossible? Really? A required field on a website?

Not hard. Thanks for being "open minded"

@shandemonium please remember this is an international forum. The pricing structure & insurance stuff for America will be totally irrelevant to the rest of us.

It is going to be necessary to seek and find what is right for you in your country for everybody. Some people actually can and do pay top fees. Some of us have a National Health Service that is unlikely to be permitted to advertise on a site such as this. Others choose to sidestep the NHS. And pay through choice.

This forum is about making the right choices for the individual from what is available.

Last edited:
It is impossible to manage, or enforce, or anything else. You're angry and upset because you made a suggestion without obviously understanding the realities of the Internet and a global community. Therapists are like popups nowadays... between their own business and contracting for others. Their price can change depending on who you see them through.

It is impossible to verify, validate and achieve with any type of accuracy. Pick up the phone, ring them, ask the questions that need to be asked. That is the clients responsibility, and something that should be discussed between client therapist.

I don't care what other websites do... and the ones I have looked at, they say exactly this, they cannot validate whether that type of information is accurate or valid to date. I see no reason for it, and have no inclination to include such complications in this directory here.

Last edited:
@shandemonium, if you are referring to the Psychology Today listings - probably the biggest one in America (I can't substantiate that) - then yes, there are fields for average cost. They are listed so broadly as to be uninformative - 80-160USD, for example, really tells you nothing. And then there is a field for "sliding scale", the majority of which press "yes", further negating the fee info. And then "accepts insurance", which sometimes you can glean information from the "yes" or "no", but really - having said all that - I don't think anyone gets much practical use from it.

Speaking for myself, I've found that info to be generally unreliable. I think for people in the US it's a pretty safe assumption that there will be a sliding scale, because therapists are also in business, not subsidized. So they are looking for income, and half of a regular fee is better than no fee. Regarding insurance, the policies shift so frequently that in order to get accurate info, you really need to call the practitioner directly and/or your provider.

What is great about this listing is that it will be trauma-focused. Psychology today lets you search by "issues", but it's really common for any therapist to list things having to do with trauma. That's different from specializing in it.

The other lists (and I'm only referring to the US because it's where both you and I are located) will always be there. This is a great, and totally different, thing.

Before anyone gets all knotted up about any of this, there has to be relevant interest in it first from therapists, otherwise I will simply kick it into touch. I don't have time to run the web and create a directory here, when like above, there are already existing ones that are dedicated. If interest happens, it happens, If not, it will simply never see the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back