1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Spect Brain Scan

Discussion in 'General' started by grace5555, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grace5555

grace5555 Well-Known Member

I had a spect brain scan today and have to wait for the results. I have been lost for a few days and don't know how long i will be able to stay "present" right now, but I am wondering if anyone else has had one of these? They are looking for suspected brain damage that I don't remember happening as well as to see what areas of the brain are misfiring so as to try to find meds that will help even though I have already tried them all. I am scared...

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

My daughter Evie (batgirl) had one of those, also a catscan and 2 MRIs. She was scared also first time round. Believe she started a thread about it several months back. Might wish to talk to her Grace. Take good care.

Jim.

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Yes Grace as Dad says I have had a spect scan, as well as a couple of EEGs, MRIs and a cat scan. I started a thread last year about my fears of having the tests, not sure it will help but lots of people commented on their own experiences so here's the link to it:

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread2133.html[/DLMURL]

I understand being scared about the results... I assume you're scared you do have some brain damage? If it's any consolation to you, I also have brain damage but I am starting to quite enjoy my life in spite of it. I'm to the point where I really don't even think about it much. It's a just a part of me which I have adjusted to. It doesn't change who I am as a person. If you have brain damage I hope you can get to that point too.

5. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I'm going in for something today. Will get back to you guys if it doesn't kill me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar