1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Spouse Introduction - Veil's Hubby

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by johnny_longtorso, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_longtorso

johnny_longtorso New Member

Hey all-just joined-wife ("Veiled") reccommended that I post. Not sure why she wants me to post, but I can certainly relate to many of the stories others have posted here. Being her husband has certainly been challenging.
    From what I have read here over the past few hours, several of the stories could have come from this keyboard. Anyway, will continue reading.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, because he does such a good job at normally dealing with me. I figured his info could prove useful for other spouses. I had him read some of the forum last night, I saw tears (blew my mind) to busting out laughing comparing KimGs attitude about throwing things to me. (The part of when she typed "he sees me eyeing somethng and says don't you throw that..." big chuckle from him). Surprised to see the range of emotion while he read.

This is the first time he has ever joined a forum of any sort, he says you can get all info you need lurking. I told him I would like it if he did this, it may prove helpful for him too. I just asked he stay out of my diary, I am not ready for him to read it yet.

4. Kims_Man

Kims_Man Active Member

Welcome Johnny!

Glad to have another spouse willing to post. I, too, was at first reluctant to get involved, couldn't imagine what I could get from here. But it has been one of the most theraputic things I've been through. Being able to get things out, regardless of how hou get them out, has really been a positive thing for me.

If you like, request to join the Spouses Only group. There is more info in there, and it's building daily.

Again, welcome, and hope to read more from you. It's how we all learn.

Warren

5. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Welcome Johnny!
    I'm sure the guys are glad to have another male on board!
    I look forward to reading your posts. I gotta admit I love how veiled is a straight up no bs type of person. Glad you're here! We need a place to bounce off each other every now & then.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome Johnny, glad to have you here mate. Pretty impressive that you took that leap for your wife to join a forum for the first time in your life. Impressive... look forward to chatting with you mate, your wife is a great women, and working extremely hard to heal and manage her PTSD.

7. cdunny

cdunny Active Member

welcome welcome welcome. I think its so sweet when someone does something for their partner even when theyd rather not. Good for you. I hope you find you like it here.

8. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Johnny,

Welcome aboard. Good that you have decided to come and post here despite your reluctance. I must admit veiled has kept me amused on many occasions with her anecdotes about the kids (particularly the teenagers!!). I believe you are in the same boat as me..........you took on the partner, the PTSD and the children without having known her before PTSD. That's me too!! Sometimes I think it presents unique challenges as I often ask Anthony what he was like before the PTSD. Anyhow, welcome.

9. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Johnny,

Veiled is a true friend here on this forum, and to me. She made me feel not so alone, especially when memories take over.

I welcome you Johnny and hope that you find a place here to belong.

Uhhh...do you have a long torso?

10. johnny_longtorso

Johnny Longtorso comes from the only episode of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 that I have seen. The show is (was?) on the comedy channel. They show a very bad science-fiction movie from the 50s or 60s, and use puppets to mock and make fun of the movie. I only remember two of the characters that were mocked in this movie-one was called Johnny Longtorso, and the other was called Monkey Boy. I have been unable to purge either from my brain.
    Anyway, that is where the name comes from.

11. Jaynea

Jaynea Member

Hi Johnny, I'm real new, too. I hope to get my husband reading the posts too. I think the knowledge that others are going through the same thing will help. How did Veil get you to sit down and read?

12. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I want to know to! I would love my hub to sit down here to read some posts, because I know he and some of the spouses would have much to talk about. But in his mind, it's done and over with. If we hit a rough patch, then I guess he might, but otherwise, it's just me on here.

13. johnny_longtorso

Well, it wasn't that hard. She is on the computer most of the time. Since she was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and ptsd, she has been researching the heck out of them online. When she finds something she wants to talk about, we kick it around a bit. I knew she had found a board about ptsd (this one) and spent a lot of time on it. From my own experiences with a 12-step program in the distant past, I know that it can be a tremendous help to share your story, and hear the stories of others with similar problems.
    Last weekend while she was typing away on the computer, she started to tell me about some of the other people on the board, and about how much she was learing from and enjoying the board. She asked me to start reading it, and the experieces others posted about were very close to what we were dealing with. That's pretty much how it happened.