• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News State Sanctioned Pedophilia & Church Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people still putting thier children in Catholic schools?
For the same reason, in the year 2017, people still say the slaughter of over 6
million Jews during the Holocaust never happened.
Denial is a very powerful and destructive thing.
And I do believe you will be involved Ragdoll.
Viktor Frankl wrote a book called Mans Search for Meaning...after surviving the Holocaust himself.
He talks about everyone having a PURPOSE in life.

You did not survive all you have been thru..to remain quite. You will find your Purpose thru all this.
Who knows where your life will go after breaking your silence.
"L" you very much!

I believe that it is very difficult to "take candy from babies" without it being political suicide. How can a nation's gov't force this issue without massive resistance? It needs to be a grassroots effort.

The reality is that more young people are awake to the fact that forcing any child to attend any religious place for any reason is spiritual abuse. Saying the child "enjoys" it doesn't detract from the coercive elements. I'm hopeful that in my country, USA, that this next generation will end forcing religion in any form on children and will create more of a buffet of healing supports and positive behaviors in its place. Is religion effective? No. Studies have long since shown that it has no statistical effect on divorce and drug use. It has a worsening effect on abortions, most notably in Catholicism, the religion most against birth control. I think the reason for that is all too clear. Ban the prevention, force the cure.

The head in the sand approach to dealing with the abuses of the church also takes so many forms. The essay "The Church Beneath the Church" by famous writer Pincola Estes HOME - Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés illustrates how eloquent and serene the denial may feel. A beautifully written work of denial it is. I feel only anger that one would put so much effort into perpetuation of our social problems.

The naivety that passes for virtue goes against the very teaching. Paul urged the early converts to be "shrewd" but that is not a virtue that is really being asked for anymore. Rather, forgiveness is the order of the day. We are only turning cheeks, and even before the slap.

My sister-in-law felt a newly released child sexual abuser, a middle-aged man, who left prison and ran directly to her church, not on Sunday, but during a children's event, was to be granted access to the church, as if access to God, at any time. I begged her to see sense. He was not there for God, he was there to rape innocent kids, again. If she cannot see it, than she is guilty of it by proxy. Fortunately, the men of the church were not as naive, and blocked him from returning, calling the police. He was in violation of parole. They could see he wanted to get in to the kids events to scope the kids out. My sis in law said her job is to "forgive." I believe that job is best left to God, and for her to do at home in her heart, not a choice that his hers to exercise with other people's children (she was a leader of the kids group that night) to take that risk on their innocent and trusting behalf.

As an educator, safety first. I take no risk with other people's kids. Zero. That is what I am owed. Nobody has the right to expose kids to a pedophile. I don't care about the soul of the pedophile; that's between them and their God if any. They can find God elsewhere within the guidelines of their probation.

I love my sis in law, but she is the product of religion without the benefit of wisdom or experience. To understand goodness, you first must be schooled in evil, or you won't know the difference. And then, you must always choose goodness and right. And it is painful, all of it. If it feels or sounds good only, it's probably naive, childlike nonsense, rather than wisdom.

Today in the news, Within hours of the Facebook murderer's escape, even while the murder is on the run, having claimed to have killed 13 victims total (which might be a lie) the children of the elderly victims go on TV professing "I forgive you; God loves you; my father is a sacrifice for others to seek God." They professed that "if they don't forgive this murderer, God won't forgive them."

Really? Literally? If God cannot discriminate between the violent acts of a deranged madman and the need to feel anger and take a little time to process one's feelings, than their God has the IQ and patience of a gerbil. Black and white, reductionist thinking only perpetuates the problems of our society. Religion is not the problem, bad thinking and lack of thinking is. Religion has a moral obligation to engage in better teaching, however, knowing that most people exposed to this "forgive" nonsense will act in stupid ways with it and in training shrewdness once again, to keep the sheep from letting so many wolves in because it's "forgiving". Better yet, I would prefer to return to the Jewish notion that forgiveness is earned by the perpetrator, not dispensed by others willy nilly as a knee-jerk reaction to all evil.

@Muse - thank you, Inlove that post!

My personal take is that forgiveness doesn't mean 'stupid'. Or at least, it shouldn't. If people want to 'forgive', that's fine, knock yourself out people. But that doesn't mean: go right ahead andet this guy do it again.

Pedophilia isn't "had a bad day, abused a kid, it was all a big mistake". Pedophilia is sexual attraction to children. That doesn't go away with forgiveness, it's a cold hard terrifying reality. I can only assume that as well as being pro-forgiveness, God is also a fan of us keeping our kids safe, and not having "forgiveness" misused as a license to put children in the way of abuse.

I feel like I should follow this up by saying that the federal government here has committed a fairly considerable (read: not sure of the exact figure) amount to a redress scheme that will be available to victims of CSA in government institutions from next year. And it remains to be seen how well it operates, but I understand that their will be an independent (not sure what that means) panel that assesses claims from victims, and determines compensation amounts of up to $150k per person. My understanding is that a victim will be able to apply to the scheme for redress without having to have their matter go anywhere near a courtroom...which is something.

I was sexually abused at a church school by a Catholic priest. I live in the US and there are many cases here so its certainly not just an Australian problem. I think the church is so into giving everyone a chance, probably going back to religious beliefs about forgiveness, that they somehow forget to protect innocent children. But I'm probably bias too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back