1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

millennium-trilogy-covers.jpg

Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trillogy

Stieg Larsson, who lived in Sweden, was the editor in chief of the magazine Expo and a leading expert on antidemocratic, right-wing extremist and Nazi organizations. He died in 2004, shortly after delivering the manuscripts for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.

You can purchase these individually if you desire:
    1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    2. The Girl Who Played with Fire
    3. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

The first volume in the Millennium Trilogy, and an international publishing sensation, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo combines murder mystery, family saga, love story, and financial intrigue into one satisfyingly complex and entertainingly atmospheric novel.</p>

The Girl Who Played with Fire

Part blistering espionage thriller, part riveting police procedural, and part piercing exposé on social injustice, The Girl Who Played with Fire is a masterful, endlessly satisfying novel. Mikael Blomkvist, crusading publisher of the magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation. On the eve of its publication, the two reporters responsible for the article are murdered, and the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to his friend, the troubled genius hacker Lisbeth Salander. Blomkvist, convinced of Salander’s innocence, plunges into an investigation. Meanwhile, Salander herself is drawn into a murderous game of cat and mouse, which forces her to face her dark past.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

In the concluding volume of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, Lisbeth Salander lies in critical condition in a Swedish hospital, a bullet in her head. But she's fighting for her life in more ways than one: if and when she recovers, she'll stand trial for three murders. With the help of Mikael Blomkvist, she'll need to identify those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence. And, on her own, she'll seek revenge--against the man who tried to killer her and against the corrupt government institutions that nearly destroyed her life.

TXbandit and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Anna

Anna Guest

Excellent books. The films are also great. I watched them in Swedish with subtitles. I know they have remade the first film as a Hollywood blockbuster as well. I am looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on DVD.

4. wife of

wife of I'm a VIP

Fantastic books although I would just like to point out that all three contain grapgic passages on sexual abuse/violence...

5. SeekingSerenity

SeekingSerenity I'm a VIP Premium Member

I agree, brilliant trilogy! I have them in electronic format, and may even join the book club on this read, seeing as I have them! But thats a big IF, I am generally blooming busy at work... :unsure:

6. KP the nut

KP the nut Tigger is back!!!!! Premium Member

Although my ebay seller has let me down. My colleague has them and will loan them to me next week :tup:.

7. Ayesha

Ayesha Yarn and Cat Crazy. Premium Member Donated

Good! I've been waiting for people to get there copy and read before I start talking about them and commenting. Only seems fair. Impatience though... :D

Girl3 likes this.
  8. KP the nut

KP the nut Tigger is back!!!!! Premium Member

Oh Ayesha, everyone knows Patience is a virtue :eek:. Another week or so please:D

9. Ayesha

Ayesha Yarn and Cat Crazy. Premium Member Donated

From M*A*S*H ( the TV show from the 70's and 80's My Favorite show )

Priest: Remember son, patience is a virtue.
    Hawkeye: Well, your taxing my virtue.

:roflmao:

Anna and KP the nut like this.
  10. ericaboo

ericaboo Lonely Traveler

These are the best books I've read in years. Now I've had to read every norwegian crime novel I can get my hands on. Check out Jo Nesbo's "Harry Hole" series too, so cool.

Anna likes this.
  11. anthony

You can comment on series at any time, they have no discussion boundaries and are open from whenever someone wants to discuss about them.

Anyone can open a series thread.

12. 712xx

712xx Well-Known Member

I would have never even considered seeing the movies a few years ago, but I'm at a point where I can watch fictional portrayals of sexual violence without falling apart. I admit, I did turn away and muted the really loud violent scenes, but still did enjoy the movies. My small crush on Noomi Norén (Rapace) may have helped things along a bit. :whistling::inlove:

Ayesha and Anna like this.
  13. anthony

Started reading this series now... looking forward to it.

Ayesha and KP the nut like this.