• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
millennium-trilogy-covers.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Stieg Larsson, who lived in Sweden, was the editor in chief of the magazine Expo and a leading expert on antidemocratic, right-wing extremist and Nazi organizations. He died in 2004, shortly after delivering the manuscripts for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.

You can purchase these individually if you desire:
  1. Dead Link Removed
  2. Dead Link Removed
  3. Dead Link Removed

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

The first volume in the Millennium Trilogy, and an international publishing sensation, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo combines murder mystery, family saga, love story, and financial intrigue into one satisfyingly complex and entertainingly atmospheric novel.</p>

The Girl Who Played with Fire

Part blistering espionage thriller, part riveting police procedural, and part piercing exposé on social injustice, The Girl Who Played with Fire is a masterful, endlessly satisfying novel. Mikael Blomkvist, crusading publisher of the magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation. On the eve of its publication, the two reporters responsible for the article are murdered, and the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to his friend, the troubled genius hacker Lisbeth Salander. Blomkvist, convinced of Salander’s innocence, plunges into an investigation. Meanwhile, Salander herself is drawn into a murderous game of cat and mouse, which forces her to face her dark past.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

In the concluding volume of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, Lisbeth Salander lies in critical condition in a Swedish hospital, a bullet in her head. But she's fighting for her life in more ways than one: if and when she recovers, she'll stand trial for three murders. With the help of Mikael Blomkvist, she'll need to identify those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence. And, on her own, she'll seek revenge--against the man who tried to killer her and against the corrupt government institutions that nearly destroyed her life.

Excellent books. The films are also great. I watched them in Swedish with subtitles. I know they have remade the first film as a Hollywood blockbuster as well. I am looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on DVD.

Fantastic books although I would just like to point out that all three contain grapgic passages on sexual abuse/violence...

I agree, brilliant trilogy! I have them in electronic format, and may even join the book club on this read, seeing as I have them! But thats a big IF, I am generally blooming busy at work... :unsure:

Good! I've been waiting for people to get there copy and read before I start talking about them and commenting. Only seems fair. Impatience though... :D

These are the best books I've read in years. Now I've had to read every norwegian crime novel I can get my hands on. Check out Jo Nesbo's "Harry Hole" series too, so cool.

Good! I've been waiting for people to get there copy and read before I start talking about them and commenting. Only seems fair. Impatience though... :D
You can comment on series at any time, they have no discussion boundaries and are open from whenever someone wants to discuss about them.

Anyone can open a series thread.

I would have never even considered seeing the movies a few years ago, but I'm at a point where I can watch fictional portrayals of sexual violence without falling apart. I admit, I did turn away and muted the really loud violent scenes, but still did enjoy the movies. My small crush on Noomi Norén (Rapace) may have helped things along a bit. :whistling::inlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back