• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Still Surviving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suffer from ptsd because as a child I was molested several times by more than one person.
I spent 14 yrs in a very violent, domestic situation.where I had cigarettes put out on me. knots on top of me head and bruises on my body.

I am also an adult child of an alcoholic. I spent many years walking on egg shells as to not upset the situation. So therefor I sufferer a lot of emotional stress as well as; mental.

Depression took over around the age of 22 and I have battled it every since, along with the PTSD.
Even after all that I have continued to fight my way through and am still here and I am Sill Surviving!!!

for those of you who don't know @SURVIVING STILL is my younger sister and I want to say that I am so very deeply sorry for all you have gone through sis!!!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your healing. Posting an introductory thread is a big step, to reach out to others takes guts and determination to heal!!

There are a lot of good people here that can share and support you. People who have survived trauma and struggle with PTSD and also depression is really common, I think ...it seems to go hand in hand with PTSD a lot of times.

I am happy that you found your way to this forum, it has helped me a lot to be a member here.

As you know, I love you unconditionally and wish you all the love, healing, and comfort that you so richly deserve!!!

Call on me any time you need me.

All my love,
Lion

@SURVIVING STILL : I'm deeply sorry for your abuse :(. No child deserves this treatment. It's a lot more painful to deal with it when you are an adult survivor. I would like to welcome you this forum and wish you the very best for your healing. We are all here to help each other and this forum will help you learn a lot about yourself and others as well. There is a lot more compassion in this forum than there is in the outside world. All you need to know is that you are a strong person who survived all this abuse and still striving to do your best. You'll most welcome to talk to us in forum chat, private messages or on threads :hug:s

Hello! I got tears in my eyes from the sisterly love here. I love to see that in families where kids suffered!
I wish much healing for you - you've been through so much. I can relate - grew up with a mentally ill mother and also had a long (15 years) abusive relationship but not violent.
It's taken a few years but I do feel the sun shining on me some days now - more and more.
It really is a journey and so worth it even though it's not easy.
So glad you've got each other and happy you found here!

He and I have struggle through a lot of emotional tragedy in our lives

Yes, we sure have sis and I don't know what I would do without you either!!! We will heal from these challenges and maybe have some ups and downs, but I think that is pretty normal considering all we have been through. We can be proud of the progress we have made and you know I will support you the best that I can.

I love you,
Brother Lion

It is so beautiful to see siblings here. So many siblings are divided through family dysfunction. It...

I have been truly blessed with a brother that has been there for from the beginning. I can't imagine my life without him. I guess our personal tragedies are what keeps us close and keeps us on track..
We are each others support system and I am very grateful for all his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back