• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stilnox Sleeping Tablets? Memory Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

MyPTSD Pro
Hi everyone.My hubby takes Stilnox for sleeping ( has for a while). I was listening to the news last night and they are now talking about side effects. One lady put on 20 kilos of weight and she couldnt work out why they found she was getting up at night and having a feed.
One guy was found painting his front door he had no idea he was there. Hubby often gets up and has a feed usually junk like choc and biscuits. When I ask him about it he cant remember doing it? This is a worry I am going to see what his Doc says about changing meds?
Jen

Hi Jen

Hmmmm hubby is on stilnox too!
He has been sleepwalking & I have had conversations with him that he has no recall of doing. I hide his smokes every night from him just in case he finds them & has one unaware. We have noticed that hubby has gained about 6kgs while he has been on them despite the fact he has started to go for bike rides every couple of days.
He has apparently tried to cook toast in our oven one night!

I have asked both his docs about the sleepwalking & if I remember correctly I was told that hubby tends to go straight into a rem sleep.

I tend to leave hubby a note on the kitchen table telling him to come back to bed just in case he sits there & goes back to sleep!

Think it's time for us to have a chat with our docs.

Thanks for bringing this up Jen, we thought that it was only something that hubby was doing.

Thanks wife last time i checked it takes about 45mins to cook toast in the oven dries it out to much.

Yeh Jods I wonder if we left a bowl of fruit out if that would get eaten.
One night I found Hubby sitting on the floor sharing a pack of Doritos with the dog! ( The dog was enjoying them) I mention this to him he cant remember!
Jen

Yep Anthony its something I want to talk to Doc Fraser about also I was reading about Stilnox not recommended to be taken for more than 4 weeks.
Hubby has been on them for a long time!!
I suppose these are as addictive as all the other tablets he takes?
Jen

I sometimes take Ambian. Docs don't like to prescribe it because they say its addictive. I don't take it that often. Although it takes an hour or so to kick in with me, it works pretty good once it does. Once, I took a double dose and ended up hallucinating that I was being stabbed in the legs by gypsies. I only vaguely remember the hallucination part, none of the other stuff I was doing. My family said I was running around my house, stripped down to my undershorts, and saying all sorts of crazy stuff- for at least a couple of hours. This was very scary for my family to witness, and mortifying to me because of the stuff they said I was saying and doing. I won't take two pills again at the same time.

I wouldn't say addictive, as not all medication is addictive, but it could be. It may be, and it may mean a withdrawal period, but the impact... unknown.

advice?

I have just been prescribed stilnox and i have been reading about all of these stories, im only 19 and i am afriad of taking it and having thos side effects can anyone give advice??

I´ve used Stilnox on and off for two years now an I hav had no side effects. Not everybody gets them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back