• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stood My Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheprocess

Confident
I am living with a very difficult person. If we try to talk, she says her thing angrily and when I try to say something she says she doesn't want to hear it. There are other things. Well, due to my being triggered by her regarding the incest, things have gone badly when I drive her places. I don't drive well due to being nervous and numb and we have had a few near misses. Well, I stood my ground! I told her I won't be driving her to her appointments anymore; that it is unsafe. I told her last week and she had a fit. The other night I told her I need to bring up a difficult topic and I reiterated that I won't be driving her. It was pretty bad, but I stood my ground! She planned to speak to our Superior about it the next day, so to represent myself I emailed the Superior about what happened. Sister met with her and I guess someone else will drive her. I stood my ground with her for the first time!

That's so great! Now that you've done it once you know that if you need to (in any situation) you can do it again. And it sounds like you were assertive about the not driving issue, then proactive to take up your cause in your own defense. Well thought out and carried out!

Thanks so much, both of you! This Friday is her appointment and she has not mentioned who is bringing her. I have to admit I am anxious about that; I don't want to be told I have to bring her, after all of the standing my ground, assertiveness, etc.

It's OK to be anxious. Nothing can take away the accomplishment of your assertive behavior. Sometimes things don't turn out just as we wish, but it will build on itself and things will change gradually in your life.

Well, nobody told me I had to bring her yesterday so I feel pretty good that I stood my ground. I don't know who brought her. But I am just glad the superior got the point. :)

:hug: Excellent boundary! Great courage! When I challenged my entitled person, I met with the same rage. It's just their symptom. You are only responsible for your feelings. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back