• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stopping In To Say Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KP the nut

MyPTSD Pro
It has been a while since I have been around but I have thought of you often. I have good friends here.

I am doing fine, well great actually. I no longer class myself as having PTSD, I know at some time it may reappear but for now I feel back to 'normal'.

In fact last week Hubby and I were driving home from visiting my daughter. Hubby was driving, we were travelling at maybe 65 MPH on the A1M motorway. We had one car in front of us when suddenly there was debris and dust in the air. The truck 2 cars down had somehow run into the car in front of him, shunting the car he hit to right angle and into the barrier. Thankfully hubby managed to stop as did the car behind us. I was shaking and hiding my face but within an hour I had controlled how I felt. We hadn't actually seen the accident so were able to drive around it and carry on our way. If this had happened a few years ago, I would have been in full panic for days.

I have had my work hours increased and now do 3 mornings each week. I have joined a slimming club and since the beginning of Feb have lost 1st 10lb. My gynae problems seem to have settled and I am rejoing the gym and will take aqua fit classes again.

Hubby and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary in April. We went to Lanzarote for 7 nights and had a lovely relaxing time. I was able to fly without a seatbelt extension - yay. I do get anxious flying, but the airlines are great and I am allowed on first so I can get settled before the main crush of boarding.

Five years ago, I wouldn't have believed I could feel the way I do now. Yes, I get shakey moments but I know how to manage them. I still use my essential oils, breathing techniques etc. I get stressed but my PTSD cup doesn't overflow.

I wouldn't be at the stage I am without the support, friendship and information found here. THANK YOU.

I am still in touch with some friends here, in fact Crafty Cath and her Hubby are coming to stay next weekend. We talk often but it will be good to see them again.

Giant gentle ((((HUGS)))) and love, Kath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back