• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stopping Use Of Abilify

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only on 2mg. But when I stopped in July, I was okay, until I wasn't. I was fine for a few weeks and then over time became shakier and shakier. Not major changes, but a slow decline. I'm back on it now, as my T thinks that I'm not ready to go off it yet. If you're going off it, I would be sure to take notice of your moods and how you're doing, as well as tell someone close to you that you're going off it, so they can tell if you if they notice you acting any different.

I weaned myself off with a nurse practitioner's help, for the same reason, insurance cost. It is a bummer because it was actually working for me. I did not do well off of it, depression symptoms came back. We are trying a different one, not as expensive, but still expensive. We are working with samples for now.

I didn't notice anything adverse since we did it so gradually and with samples. I just noticed that I was depressed more. Since that was what they were for and they took them away, I'm not surprised.

Thank you both for responding. I have enough money to cover one month's worth of Abilify while waiting to see if I qualify for Abilify Assist. Then I would be able to get the med through them. If I don't qualify then my Dad said he'd help me down dose off of it (he'd pay in other words). I'm on 20 MG of Abilify because I had visual and auditory hallucinations. So I pray I don't have to go off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back