• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stressor vs. Trigger - What Is A Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labels can definitely cause problems. I don't think Anthony was saying that there is no such thing as an emotional flashback. In fact he said just the opposite, onlly that is not differentiated by a different label i.e. "emotional" flashback. Flashbacks of emotions do occur under the unspecific name of "flashback". Just like PTSD incorporates many of our psychological problems, i.e. depression, panic attacks and phobias. I myself suffer more from flashbacks of the emotional kind more than the visual, it falls under the label/name of flashback. I could care less what it is called, I just want to know how to recognize what is happening, why it is happening and hopefully how to cope with it in the most positive way possible.

OK, thanks for your clarification, my experience has no flashes no motion it's more like being thrown back to a silent inner space of utter desolation, I never thought that could fit within the definition of a flashback.

You are welcome Freddy. However I have to say that I am not a professional. It was just IMHO ;o)

There is actually no such thing as an emotional flashback.

Sorry my quotes aren't working right, but this is what Anthony said. Nobody but him can clarify the meaning of this. Please do not speak for him.

SOL, he's human. He has his thoughts, ideas, opinions, knowledge and we have ours, and this Pete Walker guy has his. Where in some book of rules does it say if someone thinks or believes differently from us that it is to be assumed that they're attacking anyone or are claiming to have announced their thoughts and beliefs as if equivalent to principles or law?

Do, You or I, get any healthier while attempting to dismiss and/or invalidate others and/or ourselves during simple differences of beliefs and thoughts such as this one, or do we just allow people to be human?

Please don't patronize me. Your comments are unwelcome. I asked ANTHONY a question and you assume you can answer for him.

Hi SOL... what is your question? You quoted the words from myself that there is no such thing as an emotional flashback, stated your quote was wrong, agreed there is no such thing as an emotional flashback. Is there a question still to be answered? If so, I will do my best to answer it.

Please don't patronize me. Your comments are unwelcome. I asked ANTHONY a question and you assume you can answer for him.

Originally I had written, My God, SOL .......He's Human! ...........and then what followed, followed.

But then erased the MG part because it sounded like I just may be referring to you as God.

SOL, apparently you understood me most negatively.

Anyhow, I promise to honor you and not support you. No worries there now.

In return, Please do not antagonistically ask such questions when you're in a pissy mood; as it's upsetting. Your directed hostilities are unwelcome.

And, as you know I didn't even attempt to answer his question.

Also, all comments in threads are generally welcomed, it is your responsibility to place me on your ignore list. So feel free to do so.

Hope

As I understand it now, to say that I got a flashback is like saying I got parcel by mail, then that parcel can contain a variety of things but it's doesn't matter whatever the content it's the same delivery service. So a flashback can also put us in a places of just overwhelming emotions. And there are no specific deliver service for that kind of content, it's all flashbacks.

Freddy--I think you're understanding it the same way that I do. Anthony never said that flashbacks couldn't be emotional in nature. In fact, he said...

The re-experiencing aspect of a flashback can be visual, auditory, emotional and more.

It's just that they're all labeled with a general label of flashbacks. It seems to me this whole confusion has been more an issue of semantics. JMHO

blackpearl, are you referring to your earlier question on this thread about the difference of a stressor vs. a trigger? The conversation did veer a bit onto another track, but that is what happens with discussions. It was not, I venture to say, malicious towards you.

I am inclined to agree with catjudo and chalk the differences up to semantics. I don't use any of these terms much, I tend to say, "I'm remembering/I'm reminded/etc." The name for what I'm experiencing doesn't matter so much to me.

Yes, I asked Anthony some questions some days ago. No no... I'm not taking it personally, I understand he has a lot to do and can't read every single reply. Just hoping I may get answer if I got him right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back