• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Stressors with family/work

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is 3 mo pregnant and since then, I've decided to try to better my life and start going to school. It's been difficult with both. After 8 yrs away from school it's harder than I thought. My wife says I'm an asshole. Im not one to be sympathetic. I'm emotionally numb and only resort to anger. I hate it but it feels so normal to be mad. It feels that's the only time I'm in control. Either that or when I'm drinking. I refuse to take medication. I need a little insight on my options. VA isn't much help, they just want to shove pills down my throat. I'm over that. I want to be a better person for my future child, but I'm scared I'll never change. Im afraid that I will ruin their life, as I did my wife's.

Feeling pretty low. Anything helps. Thanks

Welcome ! And seems you are aware that anger is control is also an illusion. especially if it makes you feel bad... are you diagnosed with PTSD?
Hopefuly being here and reading around the forum will help you to see you are not alone and that recovery is possible....one step at a time... get used to being here, and seeing there are a lot of possibilities for getting healthy... takes time and work, but so does staying stuck and being angry.... lots of choices here.... keep an open mind and ask questions or share or what ever you need to do.... we will understand and help if you want or need us to... Glad you found us.

Hi @Gman. Glad you found us!

My guy is a combat veteran and was in a very dark place just 5 years ago. He reached out to the VA and they literally saved his life. I hate to hear bad things about the VA as we've had great care from them. He did a wor

Shit...

He did a work /therapy program for one year and is now being treated through the Vet Center. Most if not all the staff has seen combat. Maybe see if you have one in your area. If not go to your GP and get a referral for a trauma therapist.

You're here reaching out for support and that is a huge step.

Keep sharing and ask questions as you need.

Good luck and congratulations for the new baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back