• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Struggling w/erotic transference in therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

erigby

Confident
hello all,
Things have been going so well in my recovery from severe MDD.
I have been lucky to have a wonderful supportive husband and friends and a kind and compassionate therapist.
In the past month I have begun to have very strong sexual feelings for my therapist.
At first it was refreshing to even think about sex as during my depressive episode it was so far from my thoughts and desires. I knew when I began to think about sex again that would be one sign of my healing.
I have been enjoying sex with my husband but am overwhelmed by sexual thoughts and desires for my T.
I am very disturbed by these feelings. Yes, I love my T very much but the sexual thoughts are making me very uncomfortable and even guilty and shameful.
I also find myself thinking about sex a lot.
This is not typical for me and lately I am having a hard time staying satisfied even with sex 2 to 3 times a day.
Has anyone experienced this sort of sexual arousal/awakening when recovering from severe MDD?
How do I get over the sexual thoughts and feelings about my T?
The obsessive sexual thoughts about my T are starting to impact my ability to do my work or think about anything else.
They are actually making me sad and concerned I might do something stupid or embarrassing...hurtful to my husband.
I have been reading about erotic transference which I find very confusing. I am worried if I tell my T it will impact our relationship in a negative way. He is very near and dear to me and we have a collegial relationship outside of therapy.
I am exhausted just thinking about all of this.

Hello, having some kind of transference towards your T is quite common and nothing to be ashamed of.Have you told your T that you have been having some transference issues ?
I recently told my T a couple of weeks ago that I have some transference issues with him and you know what he was completely lovely and cool about it .I told him that he made me feel secure and he said it was a good thing so I can trust him.
If your T is a good therapist then they help you through this situation and help you realise why you feel the way you do.

Hello, having some kind of transference towards your T is quite common and nothing to be ashamed of.Have you to...
Thank you.
You know just putting it out there in the universe and saying it has already taken away some of the shame.
I believe my T and I have a good enough relationship to share this sort of thing without him reacting negatively.
Thank you for helping me not feel so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back